Namibia, Okavango and Victoria Falls Overland IVoffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 18 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 6230 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 6230 US Dollar (USD)
Spending quality time observing mammals, large and small, will be a major aspect of this tour and we can expect to see an exciting array of charismatic African big game, including the fabled “Big 5”. Spectacular and dramatic scenery, coupled with quality mammal viewing and exceptional birding, all combine to make this one of our most popular birding adventures!
- Tour Price (Per Person): €5,510 * £4,030 * USD 6,230 * ZAR 82,500
- Single Supplement: €400 * £290 * USD 450 * ZAR 5,850.
Day 1: Arrival in Livingstone
Day 2: Livingstone to Katima Mulilo
Day 3: Katima Mulilo area
Day 4: Katima Mulilo to Mahango via Bwabwata National Park
Day 5: Mahango Game Reserve to Shakawe, Okavango Panhandle
Day 6: Shakawe area
Day 7: Shakawe to Rundu
Day 8: Rundu to Eastern Etosha
Day 9: Eastern Etosha
Day 10: Eastern Etosha to Halali
Day 11: Halali to Okaukuejo, Etosha National Park
Day 12: Okaukuejo area, Etosha National Park
Day 13: Okaukuejo to Erongo Mountains
Day 14: Erongo Mountains to Walvis Bay via Spitzkoppe
Day 15: Walvis Bay area
Day 16: Walvis Bay to Khomas Hochland
Day 17: Khomas Hochland to Windhoek
Day 18: Windhoek (Avis Dam/Daan Viljoen) and departure
- Top Birds: African Skimmer, Slaty Egret, Wattled & Blue Crane, Rock Pratincole, Ludwig’s & Kori Bustard, Rüppell’s Korhaan, Secretarybird, Pel’s Fishing Owl (one of ten possible owls!), Hartlaub’s Spurfowl, Rüppell’s Parrot, Monteiro’s Hornbill, Rockrunner, Violet Wood Hoopoe, Bare-cheeked & Black-faced Babbler, Rosy-faced Lovebird, White-tailed Shrike, Herero Chat, chances for Shelley’s & Coppery Sunbird, & an incredible diversity of larks
- Top Mammals: The “Big Five”, Cheetah, Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra, Roan Antelope, Sable Antelope, Red Lechwe, Tsessebe, Eland, Sitatunga, Meerkat, Honey Badger, Dassie Rat, Spotted-necked Otter
- Habitats Covered: coastal estuaries, Acacia & broad-leaved woodlands, riverine forest, floodplains, mountains, gravel & sandy deserts
- Expected Climate: cold to warm (winter), warm to very hot (summer)
- Max Group Size: 8 & 1 tour leader
- Tour Pace & Walking: relaxed pace, undemanding walks
- Accommodation: comfortable hotels, national park bungalows and lodges
- Ease of Birding: easy, open country birding
- Number of Species Expected: 350+
- Other Attractions: Welwitschia’s, Namib sand dunes, Spitzkoppe, Etosha, Okavango Delta, Victoria Falls, African art
- Photographic Opportunities: excellent
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (ZAR - South African Rand), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated tour leader at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader. Therefore, if you feel that he has given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip him.
- Much of our time is spent in a specially converted overland Toyota Dyna, as we do have to cover long distances in order to get to the best areas for birds and animals. However, the vehicle is fairly spacious with large windows and pop-up rooftops which allows for great bird and mammal viewing. Despite this, we recommend that you do not over-pack for the comfort of your fellow travellers and yourself. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- Please be aware that the vehicle does not have air-conditioning. However, the windows are large and will remain open for most of the time, while the front windscreen also folds down completely, providing a pleasant through-flow of air.
- During the tour, we visit several national parks and game reserves which contain potentially dangerous animals and therefore you are confined to the vehicle and are, quite understandably, not allowed to exit.
- Temperatures in Namibia at this time of year can be warm during the day but are far milder than during the height of summer. At night and in the early mornings it can, however, be very cold.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any international airfares. Day 1 is essentially an arrival day in Livingstone International Airport, Zambia. However, it is recommended that you arrive before 1 pm on day 1 as we have some local birding scheduled for the afternoon around Livingstone. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by the early afternoon in Windhoek, Namibia on day 18. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Livingstone (Zambia) is the main port of entry for international flights into Zambia. The best routing is through Johannesburg (OR Tambo International Airport), and departing from Windhoek (Hosea Kutako International Airport). The more reliable airlines with the most direct routing for these flights are Air Namibia and South African Airways. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. If you would like further assistance kindly contact our office, we have a full-time in-house travel consultant that will happily help you plan your route. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from dinner on day 1 of the tour to breakfast on day 18
- Drinking water throughout the tour
- All lodgings as per the itinerary
- Ground transportation
- All reserve entrance fees
- All guiding services
- Tips for local guides and services.
- Any airfares, taxes and visa costs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls, laundry and items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...