Canadian Arctic - Northwest Passageoffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 13 day(s)
Group Size: 10 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 8895 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 15795 US Dollar (USD)
In addition, there is plenty of historical interest and the stories of the ill-fated expedition by Sir John Franklin more than 150 years ago are central to our journey. Franklin made his last heroic foray into the Arctic in 1845 with two ships and 129 men, never to be heard from again. We visit the last known wintering site of his ships, the Erebus and Terror, and other sites along the way where traces of the expedition have been found. For lovers of remote expedition cruising with a sense of adventure, this journey has it all!
Join us as we sail these fabled waters in celebration of the 70th anniversary of the first single-season transit of the Northwest Passage, under the command of the great Roald Amundsen of Norway!
Please note that our tour leader may not accompany the expedition unless a minimum of 10 participants are signed up through us. In the case that out tour leader is not on board, the professional expedition staff will take care of all participants signed up through us.
- Tour Price (Per Person): from €8,020 to €14,240 * from £5,870 to £10,420 * from USD 8,895 to USD 15,795 * from ZAR 122,830 to ZAR 218,110
- Flights (Approx. cost): US$1,990.
Day 1: Arrival in Sondre Stromfjord & board vessel
Day 2: Sisimiut
Day 3: Jacobshavn Icefjord
Day 4 - 5: Baffin Bay
Day 6: Pond Inlet
Days 7 - 8: Lancaster Sound and Devon Island
Day 9: Beechey Island and Prince Leopold Island
Day 10: Fort Ross and Bellot Strait
Day 11: Conningham Bay
Day 12: Victory Point, King William Island
Day 13: Cambridge Bay, Nunavut to Edmonton, Alberta & depart
- Top Birds: Ivory Gull, King Eider, Gyrfalcon & Snow Bunting
-Top Mammals: Polar Bear, Beluga, Narwhal, Orca, Bowhead Whale
- Habitats Covered: open sea, pack ice, sea shore, islands, rocky cliffs
- Expected Climate: cool to cold
- Max Group Size: according to ship capacity with expedition leaders
- Tour Pace & Walking: very relaxed
- Accommodation: comfortable ship cabins
- Ease of Birding: easy
- Other Attractions: glaciers, icebergs, Inuit people & villages
- Photographic Opportunities: brilliant
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour). The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Please also note that our tour leader may not accompany the expedition unless a minimum of 10 participants are signed up through us. In the case that our tour leader is not on board, the professional expedition staff will take care of all participants signed up through us.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- As noted above, this itinerary is a guideline only and that the programme is dependent upon prevailing weather and ice conditions at the time as well as wildlife movements.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares (see above). The tour will depart from Sondre Stromfjord after our charter flight from Ottawa, Canada, on day 1. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude at Edmonton International Airport after our charter flight from Cambridge Bay on day 13. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Ottawa / Macdonald-Cartier International Airport and Edmonton International Airport in Canada are the main ports of entry and exit for this tour and are well serviced by many of the world’s airlines. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- All meals, coffee and tea throughout the voyage aboard the ship
- All lodgings, all miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Shore excursions and activities, by Zodiac, as stated in the itinerary
- Lectures by noted naturalists
- All guiding services (including expedition staff and tour leaders).
- Any airfares, including the charter flights from Ottawa and to Edmonton as mentioned in the itinerary (see above)
- Visa fees
- Arrival and departure taxes
- All meals ashore
- Any drinks
- Tips for ship staff and other gratuities
- Telephone calls
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...