Brazil - Birds and Wildlife of the Pantanal and Cerrado II 2016offered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 10 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 3060 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3060 US Dollar (USD)
Tour Dates: 16 Aug 2016 - 25 Aug 2016 (10 days)
Tour Price (Per Person): BRL11,250 * €2,800 * £1,990 * USD3,060
Single Supplement: BRL1,450 * €370 * £260 * USD400
Day 1: Cuiaba to Chapada dos Guimaraes
Days 2 - 3: Chapada dos Guimaraes area
Day 4: Chapada dos Guimaraes to the Pantanal area
Days 5 - 9: Pantanal area
Day 10: Pantanal to Cuiaba
Top Birds: Hyacinth Macaw, Amazonian Antpitta, Swallow-tailed Cotinga, Spot-billed Toucanet, Chestnut-bellied Guan, Harpy Eagle, White-cheeked Amazon
Top Mammals: Jaguar, Giant Anteater, Giant River Otter, Brazilian Tapir, numerous monkeys
Habitats Covered: rainforest trails and canopy, grasslands, rivers and Pantanal wetlands
Expected Climate: warm to hot and humid
Max Group Size: 12 with 1 leader and local birding leader
Tour Pace & Walking: moderate pace, undemanding walks, some long drives
Accommodation: comfortable lodges
Ease of Birding: moderate with numerous challenging species
Number of Species Expected: +-450
Other Attractions: cruising the waterways of the Pantanal, canopy towers, birding ant swarms
Photographic Opportunities: excellent
The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. PLEASE NOTE: The Single Supplement cost on this tour only covers accommodations where single rooms are available; this will be at roughly half of the sites visited on the tour. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
a) Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
b) Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration, a small party supplement will have to be charged.
c) Furthermore, these costs are subject to major foreign exchange fluctuations and unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
d) Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does NOT include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- In some areas, it can be quite hot depending upon local weather conditions. On most mornings, we will be up and out early to take advantage of the cooler temperatures and wildlife activity.
- This Brazil tour does not require a high level of fitness but participants should be in good general health as some of the forest birding will be done on foot and may require walking for several hours at a time (always at a slow pace). There will also be a few lengthy drives. Should you have any physical limitations or medical conditions, please notify us in advance of departure.
- The vehicles we use are comfortable although we should expect some bumpy roads depending upon local road conditions.
- Accommodation is generally comfortable throughout the tour although air conditioning is not available in some areas.
Arrival and Departure Details:
This tour does not include ANY airfares.
Starts and ends at Cuiaba International Airport (IATA: CGB).
If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the office.
Both Foz do Iguacu International Airport (IATA: IGU) and Cuiaba International Airport (IATA: CGB) are well serviced by a multitude of flights from major cities within Brazil such as Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the domestic flights on your behalf.
Important: please DO NOT book your international flights until you have consulted the office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 10 for those on the main tour; from dinner on day 1 to lunch on day 6 for those on the Amazon Rainforest Birding extension; and from lunch on day one to breakfast on day 5 on the Iguazú Extension
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings
- Ground transportation
- Reserve entrance fees
- All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
- Visa fees
- ANY flights
- Any drinks
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls, laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...