Transylvanian Myth and Historyoffered by supplier M21170 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 9 - 10 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 15 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking
Season: May - November
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 672 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1360 Euro (EUR)
- Level rating on the mountain hiking: Easy to Moderate.
Nr. of team members: 2 + tour guide.
Trip duration (days): 9 (8 nights).
- Required gear: Backpack, good mountain boots, waterproof and warm changing cloths.
- Accommodation: ***** hotels and *** hotels/inns
Day 1: Arrival to Bucharest / City walk / Accommodation: ***** hotel
Day 2: Transfer by car from Bucharest to Sinaia. (120 km = 80 miles = 2 hours). Walking in Sinaia./ Visiting the Peles Castle (former Royal summer residence). Overnight in Sinaia; 900 m., *** hotel.
Day 3: Hiking on Baiului Mts. 9.00: Leaving Sinaia, starting our hiking day. Heading through Piscul Cainelui Hut (the Dog’s Peak hut).
12.00: Reaching the Baiului Mts Ridge on Piscul Cainelui Peak (The Dog’s Peak) (1658 m. = 5440 feet), after passing by a sheepfold and having a first contact with the pastoral life. Baiu Mare Peak (1908 m. = 6260 feet). Beautiful sightseeing of The Bucegi Mts. Descend towards Busteni (900 m. = 2953 feet) and transfer by car from here to Sinaia. (6 km)
Overnight in Sinaia Resort at a *** hotel
- Moderate hike.
- Hiking time - ~ 5 hours
- Height difference: + 1.000 m -950 m (+ 3281 feet; -3117 feet)
- Sightseeing objectives: The Bucegi steep valleys, Landscape over Grohotis Mountains
Day 4: Hiking on Baiului Mts. Sighisoara highlights
9.00: wake up
9.30: breakfast in Sinaia
10 – 10.30: Transfer by car from Sinaia to Predeal (1100 m) (12 km = 7 miles)
10.45: Start hiking on Baiului Mts. Going up to Susai hut (1400 m = 4593 feet), then continuing our hike to Clabucetul Azugii (the Azuga’s hill) (1586 m = 5203 feet). Then, descent towards Azuga (altitude 900 m. = 2953 feet) where the car waits for us.
- It’s a rather easy hike.
- Hiking time - ~ 3.5 – 4.5 hours
- Height difference: + 480 m -680 m (+ 1575 feet; - 2231 feet)
- Sightseeing objectives: The Bucegi steep valleys, Landscape over Postavaru, Piatra Mare Mountains.
Transfer by car from Sinaia to Sighisoara, the birth town of Prince Vlad Dracula. (150 km = 100 miles = 2 hours).
18.30: Arrival in Danes (by Sighisoara)
18.30 - 20.00: Leisure time
21.30: Have dinner in Danes. Accommodation in Danes (by Sighisoara), *** inn.
Day 5: Walking in Sighisoara. Leisure at the inn.
8.00: wake up;
8.30: having breakfast at the tourist pension
9.00 - 10.00 transfer by car to Sighisoara (3.75 miles).
Visit the medieval town.
14.00: Lunch in Sighisoara
15.00: Getting back to the inn / leisure time
20.00: dinner. Accommodation at a *** inn in Danes.
Day 6: Transfer by car from Sighisoara to Predeal (~~ 210 km)
Hiking on Bucegi Mts. Predeal -> Diham Area -> Busteni.
- Easy - Moderate hike.
- Hiking time - ~ 5 hours
- Height difference: + 600 m, - 650 m (+1968 feet, - 2132 feet)
- Sightseeing objectives: The Bucegi steep valleys and ridges, landscape over Grohotis Mountains
Accommodation in Predeal *** hotel (1000 m altitude, 3281 feet)
Day 7: Visit Moeciu area, Bran Castle.
9.00 Wake up
9.30 breakfast at the hotel
10.15 transfer by car to Bran. (19 km), passing thru the nice hilly region of Moeciu
11.45 - 13.15 visit Bran Castle (where the legend of Dracula was born) and the Bran Open air Museum
13.45 – 14.30 having lunch at "Trei Brazi" chalet.
14.30 – 15.00 Transfer by car to the “Poiana Secuilor chalet”.
15.00 – 19.00 Hiking on Postavaru Mts. Poiana Secuilor -> Spinarea Calului (The Ridge of the Horse) -> Timisul de Sus
- It’s an easy hike
- Hiking time: 3 – 4 hours
- Height difference: + 350 m, - 450 m (+1968 feet, - 2132 feet)
19.30 - 20.00 transfer by car from Timisul de Sus to Predeal. (10 km = 6 miles)
20.00: Having dinner here in Predeal.
20.30 – 22.00: Walk in Predeal Resort
22.00: Accommodation in Predeal: *** hotel (1000 m altitude = 3281 feet)
Day 8: Hiking in Piatra Mare Massif. Early in the morning - breakfast. Start hiking from Cioplea Chalet. Hike up to Piatra Mare Peak (1800 m.) Then descending to Dambu Morii, passing thru the seven stairs canyon.
- Rate Level: It's a rather moderate hike.
- Hiking time - ~ 5-6 hours
- Height difference: + 800 m, - 850 m (= 2625 feet, 2789 feet)
- Sightseeing objectives: The Bucegi steep valleys and ridges, landscape over Postavaru, Ciucas, Grohotis Mountains.
Transfer by car from Dambul Morii to Bucharest (180 km = 120 miles = 2,5 hours of driving). Accommodation: ***** Hotel in Bucharest.
Day 9: Departure day. Departure after breakfast according to your flight schedule. Note: Please be aware that the present schedule is subject to alteration according to the daily timing, the physical shape of the attendees, as well as unforeseen delays.
Note: A *** inn/hotel has all amenities a ** hotel has in USA:
- Rooms of 14-18 m²
- One double bed: 160 x 190 cm or two beds: 110 x 190 cm each
- Shower/Bath room with running cold/hot water
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Europe's best kept secret!
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All transfers
- Accommodation in ***** hotel in Bucharest and *** inns/hotels in the countryside.
- Half board (breakfast and dinner) - drinks not included
- Guiding service + driver all around the tour
- Entrance fees to the objectives in the program
- alcoholic drinks.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2012
We are a Romanian travel agency specialized in ecotourism and adventure tours. Our programs cover mostly Transylvania, but we also include other areas of Romania in our tours. Come in our hiking tours and discover Romania's mountains, one of the last unspoiled sanctuary of European wildlife! Our guides are...