3 Day 4WD Buffalo Dreaming Safarioffered by supplier M16112 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 17 people
Specialty Categories: National Parks
Season: May - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 520 Australian Dollar (AUD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 520 Australian Dollar (AUD)
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 6.30 am where our Top End adventure begins as we travel to the Mary River Wetlands for our cruise. This region is home to over 250 bird species and has the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the Southern Hemisphere. Search for the mighty crocs who rule this waterway, buffalo, birds and other wildlife. Our entrance to Kakadu National Park is at the South Alligator River, a picturesque location for a picnic lunch. There’s the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Bowali Visitor Centre before our late afternoon arrival at Ubirr. Here you will view a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land. As the day draws to a close we head to our private campsite for dinner and our overnight stay.
Day 2: (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner).
This morning the jewels of Kakadu National Park await. After breakfast and departing camp we travel off road to the majestic Twin and Jim Jim Falls* for a day of adventure and exploration. Travelling into Twin Falls by 4WD track, a boat shuttle and finally a rocky track and boardwalk we will be rewarded by the beauty of this remote waterfall deep within Kakadu National Park. Afterwards we stay off the beaten track where a walk through monsoon forests and over boulders lead us to Jim Jim Falls. Surrounded by 150 metre cliffs, we spend some time soaking up the natural beauty of this majestic location. This afternoon we depart Kakadu National Park and travel towards Litchfield National Park where we will stop along the way at our private campsite. Tonight, enjoy a hearty meal with your fellow adventurers.
Day 3: (Breakfast/Lunch).
Today is spent exploring the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield National Park. Marvel at the intriguing magnetic and cathedral termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls*. Discover the many rock holes and cascading waterfalls of Buley Rockhole before our early evening arrival back in Darwin.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Wangi Falls may not be accessible during the wet season. During this time we will provide an alternative or spend more time in locations visited.
- Twin and Jim Jim Falls may not be accessible between the shoulder periods of May-June and October. During this time we will visit Gunlum Falls, Maguk or the Yurmikmik Region (Motor Car Falls or Boulder Creek)
- Age range for tour is 18-40 years
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to a day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10 kg). Excess luggage should be stored at your Darwin accommodation.
- Twin Falls Boat Shuttle Fee ($12.50) Is not included and payable direct on day of cruise
- National Park Fees
- Sleeping Bags. Hire is available for $30.00 per person.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Established in 1999, M16112 has forged an enviable reputation for running authentic small group experiences, incorporating indigenous culture, for adventure travellers. From Uluru – the red heart of Australia – to the tropical waterfalls and wetlands of Kakadu National Park, we deliver quality experiences...