3 Day 4WD Dragonfly Dreaming Safari (Wet Season)offered by supplier M16112 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 17 people
Specialty Categories: National Parks
Season: November - April
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 655 Australian Dollar (AUD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1295 Australian Dollar (AUD)
Departing Darwin at 7 am, the first stop on your adventure is Ubirr Rock, one of the main cultural sites within the park. At Ubirr you can view a wide range of Aboriginal rock art which will be interpreted by your guide. Here you will learn about the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for excellent views over the surrounding floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land. In the afternoon visit the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn about the 40,000 years of aboriginal occupation within the park.
Tonight enjoy dinner and an overnight stay at our private campsite located at Cooinda.
Day 2: (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner).
Up early to enjoy a crocodile cruise on the Yellow Waters billabong. A must do activity within Kakadu National Park, the award winning Yellow Waters cruise is Aboriginal owned and centres around a spectacular billabong system that is home to some remarkable and diverse wildlife. Spotting crocodiles is only one of the many wildlife viewing opportunities on this unique water system.
Today enjoy a half day hike and swim at the beautiful Gubara Springs* and/or Gunlom Falls*, and walk to the top of the Nawurlandja lookout with spectacular views over Kakadu. Late afternoon we will drive to Mount Bundy, close by Litchfield National Park and spend tonight at our private permanent campsite with your fellow travellers.
Day 3: (Breakfast/Lunch).
Enjoy the short journey to Litchfield National Park. Explore the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield. Discover intriguing cathedral and magnetic termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls* (water level dependent) as well as Buley Rockhole. Return to Darwin in the early evening.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Safari is not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10kg). Excess luggage should be stored at your Darwin accommodation.
- Access to waterfalls during the tropical summer may not be possible at all locations due to weather conditions. Waterfalls possible include Gunlom, Maguk (Barramundi Falls), Yurmikmik or Gubara Springs. Alternative waterfalls choices include Gunlom, Maguk (Barramundi Falls), Yurmikmik or Gubara Springs.
- Wangi Falls may not be accessible during the wet season. During this time we will provide an alternative or spend more time in locations visited.
- National Park Fees.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Established in 1999, M16112 has forged an enviable reputation for running authentic small group experiences, incorporating indigenous culture, for adventure travellers. From Uluru – the red heart of Australia – to the tropical waterfalls and wetlands of Kakadu National Park, we deliver quality experiences...