6 Day Northern Exposure Safarioffered by supplier M16112 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 6 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 24 people
Specialty Categories: National Parks Camping
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 950 Australian Dollar (AUD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1035 Australian Dollar (AUD)
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 6.30 am where our Top End adventure begins as we travel to the Mary River Wetlands for our cruise. This region is home to over 250 bird species and has the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the Southern Hemisphere. Search for the mighty crocs who rule this waterway, buffalo, birds and other wildlife. Our entrance to Kakadu National Park is at the South Alligator River, a picturesque location for a picnic lunch. There’s the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Bowali Visitor Centre before our late afternoon arrival at Ubirr. Here you will view a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land. As the day draws to a close we head to our private campsite at Cooinda for dinner and our overnight stay. Tonight choose to sleep under the stars or sleep in our basic permanent tents.
Day 2: (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner).
Our journey is towards the southern end of Kakadu where we spend the whole morning at Gunlom Falls*. There’s a large plunge pool at the base of the waterfall to enjoy, however the climb to the top of the falls is a must! Relax in a natural infinity pool with a postcard backdrop of the Arnhem Land escarpment, take a dip in the sandy middle pool and swim under a waterfall in the rear pool. So many choices. Crocodile Dundee loved this magical place and you will too! After lunch and a final swim in the lower plunge pool we exit the national park and travel via Batchelor to our private campsite near Litchfield National Park complete with basic permanent tents.
Day 3: (Breakfast/Lunch).
Today is spent exploring the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield National Park. Marvel at the intriguing magnetic and cathedral termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls*. Discover the many rock holes and cascading waterfalls of Buley Rockhole before our early evening arrival back in Darwin. (Overnight dorm or Budget Ensuite (Twin/Single) accommodation is included).
Day 4: (Lunch/Dinner).
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 6.00 am when our adventure through the ‘Territory’ to Alice Springs begins. The afternoon is spent at Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park which is owned by the Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Ancient sandstone has been carved away by the Katherine River to create a deep and picturesque gorge. You may like to take a boat cruise or paddle a canoe (seasonal) through the peaceful water (both optional and additional cost) before retiring at our nearby campsite.
Day 5: (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner).
A great start to the day, is a soak in the Mataranka Thermal Pools, a lush oasis fringed by paperbark trees. No trip to the ‘Territory’ is complete without a visit to the Daly Waters Pub, an important watering hole for explorers and drovers in days gone by and now a great spot for a cold beer, a bit of history and a ‘fair dinkum outback experience’! Our day winds to a close at historic Banka Banka Cattle Station where we camp for the night.
Day 6: (Breakfast/Lunch).
We pass through Tennant Creek and then further along the track are the Devils Marbles (Karlu Karlu) which are a collection of gigantic granite boulders magically balanced on top of one another. Later in the day we cross the Tropic of Capricorn (only 20% of the Northern Territory lies south of this point) then a short time later we arrive into Alice Springs where art galleries and pioneering history abounds.
- This 6 day package is a combination of two safari products and the guide and passengers may differ on each safari. Passengers will be staying independently at the accommodation between each of the safaris.
- During the months of November 2016 –April 2017 inclusive please be advised that the first 3 days of your itinerary will be upgraded to our 4WD Dragonfly Dreaming Wet Season itinerary. This is to take advantage of the areas only accessible via 4WD during this time. There is no additional charge for this upgrade.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Single passengers will be provided with a single hotel room in Darwin however will be required to share a tent with another same sex passenger whilst on safari.
- Gunlom and Wangi Falls may not be accessible during the wet season. During this time we will provide an alternative or spend more time in locations visited.
- Age range is 18-40 years
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to a day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10 kg).
- National Park Fees
- Twin Falls Seasonal Boat Shuttle: $12.50 payable direct
- Optional Sleeping Bag Hire (additional $30.00 per person).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Established in 1999, M16112 has forged an enviable reputation for running authentic small group experiences, incorporating indigenous culture, for adventure travellers. From Uluru – the red heart of Australia – to the tropical waterfalls and wetlands of Kakadu National Park, we deliver quality experiences...