4 Days Dankile Depression and Earta Ale (Dallol, Salt Lakes, Camel Caravan and Active Volcano)offered by supplier M21492 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 2 - 4 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Volcano Tours
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 450 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 600 US Dollar (USD)
En route you will see many long caravans going to the salt mines and others coming out of the Danakil with their salt loaded camels. Overnight stay camping at Hamed Ela.
Day 2: Excursion to Ragad (Asebo) and Dallol Depression, 25 km from Hamed Ela. Early in the morning after having a breakfast you will have a day trip to Ragad (Asebo), the place where the salts are mined. Observe the breaking of the salt from the ground, cutting into rectangular pieces and loading on camels. Then you drive ahead to Dallol(116 meter below sea level, one of the lowest places in the world) and visit the difference landscape formed by volcanic activity, Dallol includes the Sulfur lake, Salt mountain, colorful hot spring water, and Camel Caravan. Later back to Hamed Ela for lunch.
After lunch & brief break you will drive to Abala (150 Km asphalt road 3 hrs). Abala is small settlement & with moderate temperature, and basic accommodation with shower. Upon arrival check in local hotel. Rest, relax, and dinner. Overnight stay local hotel Hamed Ela.
Day 3: Drive to Erta ale(150 Km aspahlt & 45 km sand road, total 195 km from Hamed Ela). After having an early breakfast (possible at 06:30) you will drive to Erta ale, (195 Km from Abala). Up on arrival at Dodom take rest, relax & fill your energy for trek to Erta ale (17 Km from Dodom) that takes approximately 3 hrs trekking. Early dinner around 17:00 then as the sun sets, you leave behind the cars, use Camel to transport all the camping materials and some food (sleeping materials like light mattresses, mat and water) to the rim of the volcano,where you spend the night watching the dramatic action of the boiling lava. Erta ale ranks one of the most alluring and physically challenging natural attractions anywhere in Ethiopia. It is a shield volcano with a base diameter of 30 km and 1km square caldera at it summit. Erta Ale contains the world’s only permanent lava lake.Overnight at the rim of the Volcano.
Day 4: Drive to Mekele (240 KM). Early the next morning, you will descend from Mount Erta ale, returning to the base camp Dodom for a well-earned breakfast. After having a breakfast & brief break you will drive to Mekele (240 Km from Erta ale) via the small towns of Aabala and Erepti.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Transport latest model Toyota with Experienced English speaking driver throughout the Tour.
- All Entrance fees and licenses as per the program.
- Accommodation and all meals throughout the tour.
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages with meals as per the program and plenty bottles of water for the trip.
- Surface Transport expense with four wheel drive Land-cruiser including fuel expense and drivers allowance
- Local guide service for the afar region as per the program.
- Cooking, camping equipment,
- Scout and police service in Afar Region as per the program.
- Camel and camel tires in Afar Region as per the program.
- Experienced cook throughout of the tour as per the program.
- Minimum of 2 cars per trip with local security.
- For the duration of the trip we are responsible for all meals, water, entrance fees, accommodation, security and transportation.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2014
Your gateway to visit Ethiopia offers Omo Valley tour, Lalibela, Addis Ababa city tour, religious tour, Coffee tour, trekking to Simien and Bale Mountains, Photo Safari, adventure to Dankile Depression, hotel reservation, airline bookings, Car rental services, event management, Conference tourism, Incentive travel and...