Saint Gervais Skiing Holidays, Franceoffered by supplier M09905 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Skiing & Snowboarding
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 775 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 775 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Day 1: Arrive in St Gervais and check into the hotel. In the evening you will meet up with your guide for an initial briefing and review of the itinerary.
Day 2: The guiding starts with an avalanche search and rescue session and off-piste morning in Les Contamines. Then the first ski tour to the “Col de la Fenetre”. This three hour trip is ideal for introducing the skills needed for climbing on skins and is a good ratio of climbing (200 m) to skiing (1050 m).
Days 3–7: Numerous itineraries exist that give a superb variety of ascents and descents on all aspects. Here are a few examples of typical day tours that your guides can organise:
- Col de la Cicle & Col de Chasseurs: beautiful climbs in front of the Domes de Miage and descents to Notre dame de la Gorge.
- La Pont Sud de Mont Jovet: a journey to discover two lakes at the foot of Mont Tondu. Tete de la Combaz and an ascent of Mont Joly a stunning summit that dominates the resorts of St Gervais and Megeve.
- Le Monthieu: only small but this perfect pyramid above Les Contamines gives a lovely ski off the beaten track.
- Le Col de Tricot: heaving with summer tourists this famous Col on the Tour de Mont Blanc has few winter visitors and gives stunning views of the North face of the Bionnassay.
Day 8: Depart after breakfast
We will make every endeavour to carry out the above itinerary but alterations may have to be made owing to weather and snow conditions.
Supplemental Tour Information:
Skill: For the beginner level ski tours you need to be a competent off-piste skier, experienced in all kinds of snow conditions, preferably able to do parallel turns in powder snow, and linked stem turns in more difficult snow. The skiing is not too technical but there are some steep sections and the challenge comes from managing the different snow conditions and trying to preserve your energy.
Previous ski touring experience is not required and during the week you will learn the basic technical ski touring skills. Ideal courses for good off-piste skiers who want to join the backcountry revolution!
Stamina: These holidays will involve a reasonable degree of physical effort for which you will need to have good cardio-vascular fitness.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- all guiding fees & expenses
- 6 nights half-board hotel accommodation (twin rooms)
- 1 night half-board accommodation in mountain huts
- in-resort transfers.
- lift pass
- 1 evening meal in St Gervais
- equipment hire
- personal insurance
- travel to/from Les Contamines
Single room occupancy may incur an additional charge.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2003
We are one of the UK's leading teams of mountain professionals specializing in guided mountain adventure. Our worldwide program includes in winter: off-piste skiing, hut-to-hut ski touring, ice-climbing and avalanche awareness; in summer: alpine mountaineering (Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, 4000m peaks) and multi-day...