Pittsburgh to Washington D.C Bike Touroffered by supplier M17768 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 6 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 12 people
Destination(s): Pennsylvania Maryland District of Columbia
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Sightseeing
Season: May - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1695 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1695 US Dollar (USD)
- Boston to Ohiopyle
- 56 miles
- Lodging: Trillium Lodge
- Highlights: Dravo Cemetery, Dawson Historic District, Colonel Crawford's Cabin, Youghiogheny Opalescent Glass, Ohiopyle Falls.
- Ohiopyle to Frostburg, MD
- 58 miles
- Lodging: The Hotel Gunter
- Highlights: Town of Confluence, Salisbury Viaduct, Meyersdale Train Station, Frostburg MD.
- Option 1: 77 miles. Frostburg, MD to Hancock, MD
- Option 2: 60 miles. Cumberland to Hancock
- Lodging: Inn at Berkley Springs
- Highlights: Canal Place, Paw Paw Tunnel, Little Orleans.
- Hancock, MD to Shepherdstown, WV
- 51 Miles to Bavarian Inn
- Highlights: Fort Frederick, Williamsport, Park Service Museum, Sharpsburg Historic District.
- Shepherdstown, WV to Violettes Lock, MD
- 35 miles
- Lodging: Inn at Buckeystown
- Highlights: Antietam Battle Field, Shepardstown, Harpers Ferry Historic District.
- Violettes Lock to Georgetown, what this means to cyclists is:
* 315 miles of trail that begins at 850 feet in elevation
* Climbs over the Allegheny Front of the Appalachian Mountains at 3200 feet in elevation, and terminates at sea level. All of this happens with a maximum grade of 2%
- We will begin the trip among the modern giants of glass and steel of Pittsburgh.It won't be long until the buildings are exchanged for a canopy of trees
- Then we will head down the trail and back through history
- We will ride past remnants of the early 1900's industrial revolution when Pittsburgh Steel was king, Victorian Mansions, Civil War Battlefields, Historic Districts, Canal remains and good ol' Americana.
Supplemental Tour Information:
- Sag van support
- Two support staff
- Breakfast for 5 days
- Lunches and snacks for 6 days
- Lodging for 5 nights
- Dinner night 1 and 2
- Sag Wagon: 15 Passenger Van and 12 foot box trailer
- Two guides who will operate the Sag Wagon, prepare meal stops, ride portions of the trail to provide on trail assistance and keep the bikes tuned on a daily basis
- Mobile Repair Shop: all necessary parts, including the carrying of two (2) spare bicycles
- Breakfast, most mornings it will be at your place of lodging
- Daily lunch is a menu appropriate for multi-day calorie burning trip
- Daily snacks to consist of fruits, energy bars etc.
- Drinks with lunch, and a continual supply throughout the day of water or desired beverage, a vegetarian option will be available if necessary
- Dinner on the first 2 nights.
Rates are based on double occupancy, single supplement is available.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
-Single Supplement $350 (required if you are traveling solo, and/or requesting separate beds)
-Bike Rental $80
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
We are the oldest whitewater outfitter and kayak school on the East Coast. Operating trips on 5 rivers in 3 states, we have an adventure to fit your fun level, and group type. Raft, climb, kayak, mountain bike, fly fish, choose the experience that will put a smile on your face. We are very active in local and national...