Self Guided Bike Tour in Cyclades Islands, Greeceoffered by supplier M15482 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 - 12 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Sightseeing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 2240 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2240 Euro (EUR)
Day 1: Syros
Depart from Piraeus an early morning ferry to Ermoupoli, the picturesque capital of the Cyclades. Admire the neoclassical buildings, an opera house and the casino adjacent to a church. Choice to walk up to Ano Syro, the charming medieval, carfree neighborhood or take a quick warm-up ride to Kambos in the barely populated north end of the island. 20 km, 12 miles
Day 2: Syros
The cycling route takes you counterclockwise on a loop of the southern portion of the island. A half dozen or beaches beckon you to stop en route but wait till Vari Beach which is the best spot for lunch and swimming. 36 km, 22 miles
Day 2: Mykonos
Mykonos is a dazzling mecca for beaches, parties and shopping. Minimal cycling routes, but many desire a peek of this famous island with its truly beautiful whitewashed harbor town. Cycle to the relatively quiet Elia Beach. 24.20 km, 15 miles
Day 3: Paros
Take the morning boat to ancient Delos island, a World Heritage Site sanctuary with no cars or roads. A mid-afternoon ferry lands you in Paros at Parikia port with its charming windmill roundabout. Bike the back road to your seaside accommodations in Naoussa. 10.50 km, 6.50 miles After hotel check-in, bike to the isolated tip of the island to take a forty minute hike on a raw beauty dirt path to Korakas Lighthouse built in 1887. 4.47 km, 2.7 miles
Day 4: Paros
Lots of cycling options. Make a loop around Paros, stopping at the delightful Valley of the Butterflies atop a hill in a surprisingly woody area. 56 km, 35 miles. Or take a short ferry to Antiparos island to bike to the famous Antiparos Cave and get another work-out walking up and down its 400 steps. 61 km, 38 miles (long version)
Day 5: Naxos
A morning ride to Lefkes, the highest town in Paros and perhaps its prettiest with colorful homes and shops. 21.60 km, 13.40 miles. A short 45 minute ferry transfer brings you to Naxos, the greenest of the Cycladic islands. Afternoon biking options: Agia Anna Beach 11 km, 6.80 miles or the olive oil museum in Eggares 18 km, 11 miles or Alyki pine forest 45 km, 28 miles
Day 6: Naxos
A morning ride inland to see an impressive kouros unfinished in its quarry. Continue to Halki an adorable little village famous for its kitron liqueur made from lemon leaves. Bike further to Aria springs and hike to Za Cave. 48.60 km, 30 miles For ambitious cyclists, challenge yourself to circle the island 82 km, 51 miles
Day 7: Departure
Whether you are leaving Naxos by boat or air, you have time for a morning ride to Dimitra Sanctuary to see the restored pagan temple and Byzantine church. Start the ride by 8:30 am and there’s time enough to shower before check-out at noon and head to the port or airport. 35 km, 21.80 miles
Supplemental Tour Information:
- Accommodations: 3-4 star hotels, primarily family owned and operated, ranging from boutique hotels to seaside upscale hotels. Tasteful, clean, air-conditioned, private bath, abundant hospitality, comfort. All accommodations are standard doubles with option for upgrade. All accommodations serve breakfast, usually buffet style.
- Ferry transfers: Pireaus to Syros, Syros to Mykonos, Mykonos to Paros, Paros to Naxos.
- Luggage transfers: 4 luggage transfers on each overnight island to and from the ports
- Bikes: Specialized road bike or hybrid bike. Triple chain ring, 27 gears. Road bike has carbon fiber fork. Hybrids have front suspension. E-bike available as an upgrade on request.
- Bike gear: 2 water bottles, helmet, handlebar pouch, odometer, lock, rear rack on request.
- Bike tools: hand pump, patch kit, tire irons, spare tube, multi-tool. One set per group.
- GPS device: Oregon 450 with programmed routes.
- Cue sheets turn by turn directions plus distance/elevation profiles
- Maps of the region
- Meals: Breakfasts are included at each hotel.
- Trip packet: useful and interesting information about the region
- Mobile phone: one per couple with 10 euros phone card. One phone per group.
- CycleGreece jersey: short sleeved, rear pockets, locally made
- Gratuities, tips and VAT taxes
• International airfare to/from Greece
• Transfers from Athens Airport to Athens
• All meals except breakfast
• Departure flight or boat from Naxos to Athens or to other destinations at tour’s end
• Excursion to Delos island (about 40 euros)
• Additional GPS device, 50 euros per device
• Travel insurance
Tour Guide Credentials:
n/a no guide
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Single Supplement 600 euros. E-bikes 300 euros. Tour cost is based on double occupancy.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2006
We are the only tour operator in Greece providing multi-day cycling tours through all regions of Greece. It is our mission to show you an authentic Greece while you cycle through the rural countryside or around the Greek isles. We introduce you to delicious Mediterranean cuisine, local produce and handicrafts,...