Iguazu and Ibera ConnectionPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 10 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 3 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: October - April
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2529 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2885 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Buenos Aires:
Welcome at the airport and transfer to your hotel. Plaza San Martin will be our base of exploration and there we will not only learn about the native and exotic trees, their uses, legends, but also about the history and events of such an important place in Buenos Aires. This is a great visit both for adults and families alike with lots of interactions with your guide Stella Frango, a passionate and knowledgeable Naturalist. An example of some of the trees you will be seeing are: Timbo (Earpod tree) the bar, leaves and fruits contain saponin and are used as detergent; the maceration made with the ripe fruit is used for hair washing, a capillary tonic and anti-dandruff, anti - blennorrheic. Lodging for three nights at Hotel Alvear Art (studio rooms).
Day 2: Buenos Aires:
In the morning you will enjoy a private tour visiting four distinct neighborhoods and plazas of Buenos Aires to learn about the city and its people, commonly called “porteños”. Rest of the day at leisure. Lodging. (B)
Day 3: Buenos Aires:
Day at leisure to enjoy the city on own. Our suggested excursion (additional cost) "The Icons of Buenos Aires" includes an introduction to The Tango and Carlos Gardel, a visit to traditional local bars/coffee shops such as Café Tortoni or Las Violetas, the Colon Opera Theater, Evita Peron and the Ateneo Bookstore, one of the most beautiful in the world, build on the premises of a former Grand Theatre of Argentina. This is a 3 hour visit which includes a stop for a coffee at Grand Splendid bookstore and includes the entrance ticket to the Opera House. The tour ends at the Opera House and the passenger then returns to the hotel on own. (B)
Day 4: Buenos Aires – Posadas / Ibera Marshlands:
Transfer to the airport to fly to Posadas. Arrival in Posadas, meet by Puerto Valle representative and transfer to the beautiful lodge (70km., about an hour drive). Dinner and lodging for three nights at Hotel Puerto Valle (superior room). Located on the banks of the Paraná River, the six rooms exclusive Posada is the perfect place to end a trip or to relax after the long drives in Argentina. Guests can enjoy the peacefulness of Puerto Valle from a bungalow overlooking the river, a shady hammock, the open air bar or the gourmet restaurant, all located in beautifully manicured grounds.
Day 5: Ibera Marshlands / Puerto Valle:
Day to enjoy some of the many activities available at the hotel such as:
- Yacare Farm: Yacare Porá is a Caiman farm, where a conservational program is dedicated to the sustainable exploitation of the two species of caiman found in the region.
- The Nursery: A pine and eucalyptus nursery, where both species are sown and cloned. The nursery’s production is used for local forestation and also sold on to third parties. The nursery is part of a forestry development that occupies 3200 hectares/7900 acres.
- Rural tasks: A visit to the modern pens of the ranch where you will be able to participate in various rural tasks such as the sectioning and preparation of lots and livestock vaccination.
- The Monkey Footpath: A half-hour ramble along an open footpath where carayá monkeys (Howler monkeys) can be spotted in the trees.
Boat trip and canoeing along the Paraná River – A photo safari in the Canadian style hand made canoes along the Paraná River. This is an excellent way to take in the local flora and fauna and in particular, to observe different species of birds that take refuge in the area. Horse riding for both beginners and expert riders. You will ride across hills to get to the old corrals or gallop along the edge of the Paraná River. Dinner and lodging. (B, D)
Day 6: Ibera Marshlands / Puerto Valle:
Day to enjoy the many activities available at the hotel. Dinner and lodging. (B, D)
Day 7: Puerto Valle – Puerto Iguazu:
Morning at the lodge until time for transfer to the Iguazu Falls. Be prepared for a 4 hour drive crossing the Mesopotamia province and heading North towards the Mighty Iguazu Falls. This is going to be a transfer provided by the Lodge, so it might be shared with other guests and it is a direct transfer to Puerto Iguazu city and the area of the falls. Arrival in Puerto Iguazu and accommodation at the Sheraton Hotel Iguazu with a stunning view over the Devil´s Throat or the Loi Suites Iguazu (ideal for a romantic retreat). Balance of the day at leisure. Lodging for three nights at Hotel Loi Suites Iguazu (Studio Jr) or at Hotel Sheraton Iguazu (fallsview room)(B)
Day 8: Iguazu Falls:
Full day private excursion to explore the amazing Iguazu falls on the Argentine side. After a first stop at the visitor´s center you will board a fun small train which connects the most interesting areas of the park: the Upper and lower trails and the Devil´s Throat. Afternoon return to the hotel before checking the dusky swifts flying literally into the cascades disappearing then in the rocks. Lodging. (B)
Day 9: Iguazu Falls:
Today you will take the “Gran Aventura” boat excursion. The tour starts with an 8 km (5 mile) truck drive along the Yacaratia Trail that will give you the opportunity to spot the wildlife and flora of the jungle. You will later enjoy a boat ride on the Iguazu River to get close to the San Martín Island, The Three Musketeers and the mighty Devil’s Throat. Afternoon at leisure. You may relax at the hotel, you may walk along the upper and lower trails to see the falls again or you may take an optional excursion to the Brazilian side of the park.
Note: Visa required for US citizens to visit Brazil. Lodging. (B)
Day 10: Iguazu Falls / Abuenos Aires:
Morning at leisure. Private transfer to the airport to fly to Buenos Aires. Arrival and private transfer to the international airport to take your international flight. (B)
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Lodging for 9 nights (mentioned or similar hotels, Inns / estancia)
- All private transfers from and to airports.
- Group transfer from Hotel Puerto Valle to hotel in Puerto Iguazu.
- Bilingual local guides for all excursions, most transfers, and local assistance.
- Private excursions with bilingual guides as described in the itinerary
- Boat and excursions at Hotel Puerto Valle in Ibera are shared with other passengers (group excursions).
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary: All breakfasts (B), 3 Dinners (D)
- Park entrance fees.
- International airline tickets
- Domestic flights are not included in the tour price. Cost for the flights Buenos Aires - Posadas and Iguazu - Buenos Aires will be about $600. Price may vary.
- Personal expenses, tips, drinks, other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary description.
Price for 2 to 3 travelers:
- Option 1: Staying at Hotel Alvear Art + Hotel Puerto Valle + Hotel Loi Suites Iguazu: $2,529 per person double occupancy. Single Supplement: $1,535
- Option 2: Staying at Hotel Alvear Art + Hotel Puerto Valle + Hotel Sheraton Iguazu (room view of the falls): $2,885 per person double occupancy.