Back to the USSR History Tour in St. Petersburg, Russiaoffered by supplier M11270 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 2 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Archeology/History Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 260 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 510 US Dollar (USD)
- You are interested in the Soviet period of the Russian history, i.e. WWII, the Siege of Leningrad, the figure of Stalin.
- You would like to understand how the Soviet people lived and what they believed in.
- You are wishing to learn as much as possible and see not only the must see places, but also something more specifically connected to the Soviet period.
St Petersburg is on the UNESCO Cultural Heritage List and got the title of "The Best travel destination in Europe" in the third time in 2017.Be sure we will show you all main attractions of the city(including the Hermitage Museum, Catherine Palace with Amber Room, The Church of our Savior on the Spilt Blood) and give you the unique chance to know more about our soviet past with help of your local guide :learning about 900 days Siege of Leningrad during WWII( when 1,5 mln people perished out of starvation), driving several stations in Stalin metro which remind underground palaces , having lunch in Soviet style cafe and drinking vodka in vodka museum. You will spend 1, 5 hours in one of the most interesting museums in our city- The Museum of Political History.
Do not hesitate to ask any questions to the local museum guide with historical background – we guarantee many answers will surprise you greatly and, perhaps, change your vision about Russia and Russian people completely ….you are welcome to learn more about Russia and its most beautiful city on your own: look at everything with your own eyes, touch with your own hands and… make new friends!
8:oo am-8:30 am Meet in the lobby of your hote.
9:00 am-11:00 am Travel to Pushkin (25 km from St Petersburg). Visit to the Stalin Metro.
10:15 am-11:00 amVisit to the Siege memorial.
11:30 am-1:30 pm Inside tour of Catherine Palace with the world famous Amber Room.
1:45 pm-3:00 pm Driving back to St Petersburg with a quick lunch in a non-tourist place.
3:30 pm-4:30 pm Inside guided tour of the Russian Museum.
5:00 pm-5:30 pm Guided tour of the Church on the Spilt Blood.
6:00 pm-6:30 pm Russian Vodka museum.
7:00 pm Return to the hotel
8:00 am Meet in the lobby of your hotel).
8:00 am-11:00 am Second part of the city tour. Coffee break in a famous Soviet donut cafe.
11:00 am-12:00 pm Museum of the political history of Russia.
12:30 pm-1:30 pm Lunch in a Soviet style cafe.
2:15 pm-4:30 pm Hermitage museum inside guided tour (no impressionist department visit)
5:00 pm Return to the hotel
Tour Guide Credentials:
We provide you with a very knowledgeable guide with, with more than 10 years of experience in tourism business and excellent communication skills: forget about long boring stories in English you do not understand! All our guides are getting excellent reviews on Trip Advisor
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Price Per Person Includes:
- Invitation letter for receiving a VISA at the Russian Embassy (Consulate) in your country - if you need it
- Guide services for 2days
- Driver services for 2 days featuring a Mercedes Viano / Sprinter with A/C.
- Admittance fees to the museums highlighted in blue
- All port fees and all local taxes
- Metro ride
- Bottled water (one bottle per person per day)
- Permits for video and photos in the museums
- Headphones for groups of 6 or more
- Special welcome gift
- The cost of lunches (about $10-15 per person at a traditional Russian pancake or pie house)
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2006
Family owned tourist company from St Petersburg, Russia: Professional guide with all the possible licenses and experienced driver. We offer tourist services to English speaking individuals and small groups of people arriving by plane, train or by cruise ship( visa free excursions) from all over the world since 1995....