"Electric Lakes" Bicycle Tour, Englandoffered by supplier M16009 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1555 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2425 Pound Sterling (GBP)
This is a strenuous cycling holiday with an utterly staggering ride, which we want you all to enjoy, and as a result we recommend electric bikes which are just perfect for this topography. Our Electric Lakes tour also offers a cruise by steam boat on Ullswater, by launch on Coniston Water and by steam train to Windermere, but also to cruise using two wheels past fells and crags, hill hamlets and hidden valleys, sheep clad slopes and of course, dreamy lake shores too. Much of the route is through stunning woods, past cosy inns and over fords to small breweries and tiny water mills. Enjoy wonderful gardens, a Georgian town, an intriguing castle, the homes of Ruskin, Wordsworth and Potter, a exciting food scene and stays in 4 different locations from peaceful lake to an ancient market town and buzzing waterfront. No wonder we call it Electric Lakes!
Lake Bassenthwaite - Ullswater - Ambleside - Coniston - Bowness on Windermere
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Ensuite accommodation every night.
- The services of our friendly local hosts to welcome and brief you, share their local knowledge and look after you, unless otherwise stated - on self guided trips of 3 or more nights
- Breakfast each day. In the UK all breakfasts are cooked. In Europe, breakfasts are continental
- Luggage transfers between hotels.
- Hybrid bikes and additional accessories - see Our Equipment elsewhere on this page
- Emergency Call Out service.
- Adventure handbook packed full with information, history and photos of the area your tour covers, as well as The Company's insider tips on how to discover the local secrets and hidden gems most tourists never see!
- Route directions and maps of the area (OS maps for UK holidays with your route marked)
- Travel protection. Read more about how we protect your holiday.
- Advice, help and guidance with all your holiday details before you arrive and during your holiday. We want you to go home feeling you have been thoroughly looked after
- Some trips include dinner where specified.
- Some trips may include a train hop on Cycling days. The cost is included on our longer trips only. Trips lasting 3 days or less do not include the train fare
- Boat tickets are only included where specified.
- Travel to and from the trip start and finish points unless specified.
- Entrances to attractions unless specified.
- Boat fares unless specified, lunches and dinners unless specified.
- Alcoholic beverages, mini bars and meals pre and post the trip
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Authentic travels by bike and on foot in the UK, France, Italy, Holland, Austria, Greece, Spain and the Baltics. Gentle and not so gentle tours available from one day upwards - self led or guided. Hand picked accommodation and a very personal service. Classic tours have carefully chosen attractive inns, individual...