Skiing Holidays for Teenagers, Franceoffered by supplier M09905 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Skiing & Snowboarding
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 425 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 425 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Skill: To participate in this week you should be a good intermediate skier or boarder aged 13-17. You must be able to ride all types of terrain and most snow conditions from powder to crust, crud and spring snow. You should be able to ski all day for several days consecutively. You should have the commitment and determination to tackle most slopes although your style and technique may suffer on steep terrain. Previous off-piste and ski touring experience is not essential.
Stamina: For the off-piste adventure courses you need to have good physical fitness in order to enjoy full days on the hill. On these courses you will mostly use the liftsystems to gain altitude but you can expect some walking/climbing in order to access some runs.
The principal aims of this week are:
- To provide first class instruction from professional, friendly Ski instructors & mountain guides to improve off piste skiing technique and skills
- To give practical avalanche awareness training. On completion of the week all participants will receive our Avalanche Awareness Certificate of Training.
- To provide the opportunity to ski the best off piste in the Espace Killy ski area
- At the end of the week the group will enjoy a 2-day backcountry tour into the heart of the Vanoise National Park, skinning from the Borsat chairlift above Val d’Isere we head to the Pointe de la Sana and descend to the lovely Refuge de la Femma where we stay overnight. Our return to Val d’Isere is an excellent north facing descent from the Pointe de Mean Martin.
The week is intended to be fun with lots of thrilling skiing but always directed with maximum attention to your safety and the safety of others. The itinerary is dependent on the weather and snow conditions and may be altered at the discretion of the guides.
Together with its neighbour Tignes, Val d'Isere is served by the 300 km of piste that make up the Espace Killy, one of Europe’s premier ski areas. This is high altitude skiing with the highest lifts going up to over 3400 m. Thanks to the height and local glaciers, the Espace Killy has a very reliable snow record. The ski area is known for its excellent off-piste most of which is accessible from the lift system. There are also some excellent day tours to neighbouring valleys and resorts including the twin resorts of Les Arcs and La Plagne.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- the course fees only.
- travel to/from Val D'Isere,
- personal insurance,
- hire of ski equipment,
- lift passes.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2003
We are one of the UK's leading teams of mountain professionals specializing in guided mountain adventure. Our worldwide program includes in winter: off-piste skiing, hut-to-hut ski touring, ice-climbing and avalanche awareness; in summer: alpine mountaineering (Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, 4000m peaks) and multi-day...