Everest Base Camp Trekoffered by supplier M15397 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 14 - 18 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: Yes
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1380 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1850 US Dollar (USD)
We start our trek from Lukla after a 30 minute flight from Kathmandu. When we land at that tiny airstrip, the adventure really begins. During trekking, we spend several days moving through the homelands of the Sherpa people, and will see Buddhist monasteries and close up views of Mt. Everest and neighboring Ama Dablam, considered by many to be among the most beautiful mountains in Nepal.
We spend 2 nights at Namche Bazaar, the bustling market town in the heart of Sherpa country, and at Pheriche see a cluster of houses set among the high summer grazing pastures of the region. We spend the time in Namche Bazaar exploring and acclimatizing, which is an important factor in your enjoyment of the trek.
People who have fully acclimatized may trek to the Everest Base Camp but without doubt, for many people the main highlight will be the magnificent views which unfold from the summit of Kalapathar - the extradinary ice sculptures of the Khumbu Glacier, Nuptse and the south-west face of Everest itself.
Day 1: Your arrival to Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), you will be met by our Airport Representative, and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel. Includes: (B).
Day 2: Full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley (Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath, Swayambhu, and Kathmandu durbar square). Overnight at hotel. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Today early in the morning, we drive about 15 minutes to Tribhuwan International Airport. After 30 minutes scenic flight to Lukla (2804 m), we begin our trek to Phakding (2610 m) - 3 hours easy walking. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3535 m). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 5: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar. This is a day for an acclimatization. We have a fine walk around the valley to adjust with thin air. Namche Bazaar is known as the gateway of the Everest. We will take you to a museum too on the same day. There you can see the traditional custom of Sherpa peoples. Besides, a fine view of the Everest and other mountains can be overviewed from this place. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 6: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3850 m). By reaching Tengboche, we visit a monastery known as Tengboche monastery. Then you will be taken to observe the prayer ceremony whether in the evening or morning. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 7: Tengboche to Dingboche (4350 m). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 8: Day trip to Chhukung valley and trek back to Dingboche. Today you can enjoy another day for acclimatization. This day we will have trip to Chhukung valley, then we return to Dingboche in the evening. We will take you to Chhukung Ri (5546 m) too. From there, we can observe a fifth highest mountain Makalu. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 9: Dingboche to Lobuche (4950 m). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 10: Lobuche to Ghorakshep (5160 m). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 11: Trek to Everest Base camp (5400 m) and return to Ghorakshep. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 12: The day starts with a hike up to Kalapathar (5545 m), an excellent viewpoint to observe the Mount. Everest and innumerable spectacular mountains views. Then trek back to Pheriche (4280 m). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 13: Trek to Khumjung Village (3753 m). Overnight at Guest House. includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 14: Trek to Phakding (2610 m). Overnight at Guest House. includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 15: Trek to Lukla. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 16: Morning flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla. Overnight at hotel. Includes: (B).
Day 17: Leisure day in Kathmandu (it's also spare day incase of bad weather in Lukla). Overnight at hotel. Includes: (B).
Day 18: Transfer to Airport for your home departure. Farewell!
Note: (B), (L), (D) - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport pick up and transfer by car /van
- Accommodation with breakfast at tourist standard hotel in Kathmandu as per above program
- Kathmandu City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide, car/ van.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea and coffee during the trek
- 13 nights Tea House accommodation in the mountain
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter between 2 pax), their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments
- Round Trip flight to and from Lukla and Domestic airport taxes in Kathmandu and Lukla
- Sagarmatha National Park permit
- Government taxes
- Office Service charge.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu - allow US$ 15 - US$ 20 per day
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist). Please let us know.
- International air fare to and from Nepal
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency with multiple entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency with multiple entry for 30 days. You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu
- International Airport - Kathmandu
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry
- Trekking Equipments
- Tips for trekking staffs, driver.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is included in the tour price.
Notes: The price is inclusive of internal flights between Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2006
M15397 will help you plan a made-to-measure adventure, making sure you experience every aspect of our magical world. If you have a taste for the exotically different, the programs on our site make it easy to plan your time in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. We invite you to explore the beauty of the snow-capped mountains, the...