Gokyo Lake Trekkingoffered by supplier M15397 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 12 - 17 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 14 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: Yes
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1310 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1550 US Dollar (USD)
The image of of this region is associated with the soaring view of the most popular mountains in Nepal, at an altitude of 8000m including Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse and Makalu which are clearly visible from Gokyo Ri (5483m.) above Gokyo Lake.
One of the most remarkable feature of the trek is the view of tremendous ice ridge between Cho Oyu and Gyachung (2922m) located in Khumbu region. This extraordinary trek is also worthy in a sense that it offers an ample opportunity to explore the amazing destination and its impressive sight, which is beyond human imagination.
Day 1: Your arrival to Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), you will be met by our Airport Representative, and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel. Includes: (B).
Day 2: Full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley (Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath, Swayambhu, and Kathmandu durbar square). Overnight at hotel. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 3: Morning drive to Tribhuwan International Airport and 30 minutes flight to Lukla(2804 m) and trek to Phakding (2610 mtrs.). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazar (3535 mtrs.). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 5: Namche Bazar - Acclimatization day. Overnight at Guest House. Today we hike up the Syanboche Airport, and around Everest View Hotel. From this point, we can see rewarding views of the Himalayas with a stunning sunrise or sunset over the panorama of the Khumbu peaks. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 6: Trek to Phorste Drengka (3675m). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 7: Trek to Machherma (4470m). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 8: Trek to Gokyo (4790m). Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 9: This day early in the morning we have steep climb up to the top of Gokyo Ri (5483m) ample rewards to one attempts this trip. There are stunning views of the supper Gokyo valley, the massive Ngozumpa Glacier and an incredible panoramic view of the whole Khumbu Himalayas, such as giants as Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu (8481m), Cho-Oyu (8153m) and Gychung Kang (7922m) can be seen. Those who explore the glacier and Gokyo peak are rewarded. This day we have for acclimatization and after noon back to the camp. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 10: Day trip to 4th Lake (4843m) and 5th lake - 4998m (north of Gokyo Valley), and back to Gokyo Lake. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 11: Trek back to Dole. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 12: Trek to Khumjung village, big settlement of Sherpa people. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 13: Trek back to Phakding. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 14: Trek back to Lukla. Overnight at Guest House. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 15: Morning flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla. Overnight at hotel. Includes: (B).
Day 16: Leisure day in Kathmandu (it's also spare day in case of bad weather in Lukla).
Day 17: Transfer to Airport for your home departure. Farewell!
Note: (B), (L), (D) - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport pick up and transfer by car/ Van/ Bus
- Accommodation with breakfast at deluxe hotel in Kathmandu as per above program
- Kathmandu City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide, car/ van
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea and coffee during the trek
- 12 nights Tea House accommodation in the mountain
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 pax), their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments
- Round Trip flight to and from Lukla and Domestic airport taxes in Kathmandu and Lukla
- Sagarmatha National Park permit
- Government taxes
- Office Service charge
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu - allow US$ 15 - US$ 20 per day
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist)
- International air fare to and from Nepal
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry
- Trekking Equipments
- Tips for trekking staffs, driver etc.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is included in the tour price.
Note: Our price includes internal flights other than International flights.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2006
M15397 will help you plan a made-to-measure adventure, making sure you experience every aspect of our magical world. If you have a taste for the exotically different, the programs on our site make it easy to plan your time in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. We invite you to explore the beauty of the snow-capped mountains, the...