Drawing Week Intensive with Pastel and Drawing Mixed Media with Jane Lund and Robert MaslaPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 9 people
Specialty Categories: Painting Cultural Journey
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1745 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1895 US Dollar (USD)
Besides working with pastel and other drawing media under Janes’ guidance, Bob Masla, the owner and director of our copmany, will also share his expertise in sketching and drawing the landscape as we take the time for numerous wonderful excursions. Together the 2 artist / facilitators will fill your week with various drawing exercises, demonstrations, lectures and art games. You will be so engaged in the creative process that your inner critique will be silenced and dwarfed by the inspiration that flows from this experience. Ideal for both the absolute beginner and the experienced professional looking to sharpen their drawing skills. In this nurturing environment there are no mistakes - only opportunities for change and growth.
As in all our workshops there will be numerous cultural experiences, a boat trip exploring the breathtaking coastline and unique rock formations with the opportunity to snorkel among hundreds of angel fish at a coral reef, a trip to the Mt. town of El Tuito for sketching and painting in plain air and having lunch at the wonderful Altamira Hacienda Restaurant overlooking the Mts and Aguave fields, followed by witnessing the incredibly colorful Posada (parade) and festival of the Virgin of Guadeloupe! (happens on the 12th of Jan.), complete with music and dancing in the Zocalo (town square) and fireworks (make sure to bring your camera!).
We will spend an afternoon shopping the unique crafts stores and Mercado of Puerto Vallarta, go on a gallery walking tour and then stroll the Malecon (boardwalk) after dinner as you experience the myriad of artists, street performers and lively city life. The week will be rich with activity, so bring your “non art participant” friend or partner and don’t forget to bring that camera!
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Round trip ground transportation from P.V. airport and our company
- 7 nights accommodation (single private bath not extra)
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners at ocean side restaurant
- 6 Days of art workshops: each day from 9 am to noon in the studio and 3 pm to 6 in the field or studio
- 2 picnic day trip excursions - hiking or boating to destinations for snorkeling, swimming, waterfalls, art making and exploration
- Trip to Mt. town of El Tuito for sketching and plain air painting and lunch at Altamira Hacienda Restaurant
- 1 evening excursion to Puerto Vallarta for Gallery Walk Tour, shopping and city life.
- Round trip air transportation from your airport to Puerto Vallarta International airport
- 1 dinner (night of Gallery Walk in Puerto Vallarta), any modest gratuities you wish to give to our cooks and House Care Persons
- Personal items, souvenirs.