Heliskiing in Uzbekistanoffered by supplier M15479 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 - 8 day(s)
Group Size: 13 - 15 people
Destination(s): Uzbekistan Kyrgyzstan
Specialty Categories: Heliskiing
Season: January - March
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 4100 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 4200 US Dollar (USD)
Heliskiing/Heliboarding programs holds in Uzbekistan over 18 years. For this period region becomes so popular that booking should be done in advance 6 months before the beginning of the heliskiing season. It happens because of good stable weather, comfort temperature for heliskiing, big choice of great slopes and the best ration of price and quality. Skiing area. Skiing takes place in the mountains of western Tien-Shan (Ugam, Pskem and Chatkal ranges) just 100-150 km from Tashkent - the capital of Uzbekistan at the altitude from 2,500 m. to 4,200 meters above sea level. Amplitude drop for downhill is up to 2 km and the length is as long as up to 10 km. How to get to ski area. Tashkent International airport accepts all type Aircraft from 42 countries of the world. Our representatives will meet you in the airport and transfer to the mountain hotel (90 km., 2 hours).
Day 1: Arrival to Tashkent. Transfer to the mountains. (90 km., 2 hours).
Days 2-6: Heliskiing.
Day 7: Skiing, after lunch transfer to Tashkent. Farewell dinner.
Day 8: Departure.
The standard daily schedule:
- 8:00 Awake.
- 8:30 Breakfast.
- 9:00 Getting out to helicopter.
- 9:30 Departure towards heliskiing region .
- 10:00 - 13:00 Heliskiing.
- 13:00 -14:00 Lunch and rest.
- 14:00 - 16:00 Heliskiing.
- 16:30 Return to the hotel and have a rest.
- 19:00 Dinner.
- 20:00 Bar, disco.
The standard lunch menu: Hot beef or chicken broth, cold boiled meat or chicken, sausage, cheese, smoked meat, tomatoes, cucumbers, baking, chocolate, sweets, hot tea, coffee, mineral water, apples, oranges.
Accomodation: Usually, the basic hotel for the program is "Pyramids" 3*-class, that is situated at the picturesque shore of Charvak water reservoir. Here are the modern apartments and infrastructure - all corresponding to the European standard. The helicopter base is situated at hotel proximity. Also there is an option (especially for groups) to accommodate in the other hotels like "Beldersay" 4*-class in Beldersay gorge. But in this case it will take from 30 to 40 minutes to get to the helicopter by car (that we shall provide for you), depending on the place of accommodation and road condition. An additional cost for this is $90/person.
Snow conditions: Mountains of western Tien-Shan provide beautiful snow conditions for skiing within the period from second half of January to middle of April. Normally, slopes accumulate up to 1.5 meters - 2 meters of snow level at the beginning of heliskiing season. Snow is fresh, soft and powder-like everywhere. Middle of March and April are characterized by spring-like snow, but still on some slopes soft and powder snow even at that time can be enjoyed. Air temperatures vary depending on ski zones: from -10 o C to -3 o C.
We are using "Mi-8 MTB" helicopters, made in Russia: Maximum size of group is 16 persons with skiing equipment. Pilots have 15-18 years flight experience, know well heliskiing areas and distinctive features of flights in the mountains. Group is accompanied by at least two guides. There is necessary life saving equipment, GPS. Program in case of bad weather: There are two double-chair lifts and some hook ski lifts available both in Chimgan and neighbouring Beldersay gorge (5 km. from Chimgan). In case of bad weather guests can spend their time for skiing in the ski-lift zones being accompanied by guides or skiing/boarding in the area around. We also can offer a short-time city tour to Tashkent or Samarkand. There are indoor swimming pool, bowling, bar, disco.
Ski equipment: Skiers (snowboarders) should have all necessary equipment and clothes for heliskiing programs, including avalanche radio beacons (beepers), avalanche bores and avalanche spades. There is a possibility of equipment rent by preordered requests. Insurance is required for skiers with the amount of 15 thousands USD in case of health injury or accident.
The terms of the program:
- The membership of the group is no less 14 – 15 persons;
- Insurance availability;
- The routes for descends are chosen by guides in accordance with the level of group training, and also depending on weather and snow conditions;
- The program is relied on favorable weather conditions;
- In the case of non-fulfillment of the program due to weather conditions or concerning safety conditions of the group’s being on the route, money for “not-riding” helicopter hours is been returned on the basis of 200$/hour for the person; repayment for non-fulfillment ascends due to any other reasons (for example: equipment disrepair, bad physical condition of participant, late depart or early return due to fault of participant) is not been returned;
- Upon the fulfillment of the program (flight for 8 hours) and the group’s request to prolong the riding – the additional payment for 1 additional flight hour will be 3200$/hour for the group;
- Note: During the skiing/heliboarding all participants of the program obligatory should have bipper, avalanche spade, avalanche probe, (it can be rented in our company with 40$ per set for a program), we recommend strongly to have ABS.
*Note: Age limits. Minimum age for heliskiing/snowboarding - 18 years, but it can be down to 14, if child will be accompanied by parents.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Meetings in airport and all transfers in compliance with the program
- Accommodation in double rooms in the hotels of 3* and higher in Tashkent and in the mountains at the shore of Charvak water reservoir - hotel Pyramids 3* (additional cost for accommodation, sgl - 125$)
- 3-times meal
- 2 mountain guides
- 25 guaranteed vertical km.
*Note: There are group size discounts provided.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2006
Our company has been established since 2006 and presently is one of the leading tourist agencies in Central Asia. Among our partners are more than 100 tourist agencies from 5 continents all over the world. Our friendly team of highly experienced guides, experts in history and culture of peoples of Central Asia is...