Fishing Tour in Maineoffered by supplier M15421 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 - 3 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Fishing
Season: May - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 185 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 185 US Dollar (USD)
Discerning fishermen are well aware that Maine offers some of the best freshwater salmon fishing in the world, and nowhere can rival the salmon fishing you'll find in the Grand Lake Stream Region. West lake trout Grand Lake and Big Lake are the most popular lakes for this early season trolling as these lakes provide the natural foods, habitat, and spawning areas for salmon and trout.
Lake fishing for salmon and lake trout (togue) is best starting about a week to ten days after ice-out. The best time for surface fishing with flies and artificial lures is a week to ten days after ice-out, once the lake has rolled and the thermal layers have changed, and continues through June.
Fishermen can find small mouth bass in a striking frenzy, usually beginning around the first of June, that can last all season long. The top-water bass fishing (on spawning beds) begins when the water temperature reaches approximately 65ßF. Fly fishing with poppers and bright streamer flies is popular, as is casting and spin fishing. Fishing with artificial lures on the shoreline is a great alternative to fly fishing on the spawning beds.
This type of fishing can be good iof there are two people in the guide canoe and don't want to hook each other. The Grand Lake region has so many different bodies of water that top water bass fishing throughout the entire season is not uncommon.
- White Perch and Pickerel. July and August are the best for family fun! There is nothing more exciting and action-filled than shallow water fishing for pickerel. Many fisherman start their day searching for these fun fish. The experience is so exhilarating they want to try it again! The water and air temperatures are comfortable and consistent. It is the perfect time for swimming and fishing in the clear waters of the Grand Lake area. Fishing for white perch and pickerel at this time will give the children plenty of action! Family rates are available, just ask!
- General Information. Bait fishing for Smallmouth Bass becomes legal June 21st. The fishing in our area lends itself to all fresh water techniques and tackle, so come supplied with your favorite equipment and test your skills. A fine selection of flies, lures and equipment are available at the local store, and fishing licenses are available at our camp. Bring light-colored clothing, something warm, and please don't forget your rain gear.
- Fishing the Stream. We overlook the Grand Lake Stream, which is three miles long and connects West Grand Lake with Big Lake. The Stream Is Fly Fishing Only. With a controlled water flow, a gravel bottom and many wide areas, you'll be casting like a pro in no time. Spring fishing begins with your favorite streamer fly. As the weather warms and the hatches begin, you can use all your favorite flies. From this time on, the dry fly and nymph fishing will remain popular. Make sure to bring your waders and be prepared for some fun!
- Registered Maine Guide Service. The Grand Lake area has more registered Maine Guides than any area in the state. These guides have passed state-issued tests and are very knowledgeable about the local woods and water of the region. The charm and color of our guides is surpassed only by their expertise in finding the spots where the fish are biting, making for an extraordinary and unforgettable day of fishing and story-telling.
Guides can also prepare hot cook-out lunches on the lake shore including the catch of the day, or a box lunch can be prepared for you and brought from the lodge. Although guide service is not required, it is always available. Inquire about daily guide rates which include "Grand Laker" with motor.
- Boat and Motor Rentals. Boat and motor rentals are available on Grand Lake, Big Lake and St. Croix River. No boat is needed to fish the stream.
- Equipment Rentals. ORVIS equipment for fly, spin and bait casting is available on a daily basis, as well as float tubes.
- Other Activities. Though we have developed a reputation as an avid fisherman's resort, it has been lauded as a family vacation destination as well. Take a day off from fishing and we'll send you to one of our favorite places to:
- Swim in the clear, pure water of our lakes.
- Go bird watching and take long, leisurely nature hikes.
- Canoe or take a boat with motor for a picnic on an island.
Spend your days outdoors with games like croquet, horseshoes, basketball and tennis; and after sundown, gather around our cheery fireplace in the main lodge to share stories or read a good book. Cancellation policy: Deposits are non-refundable but will be honored for one year from the date of the cancellation. Deposits must be received within 14 days of reservation.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- lunch and dinner, per day, per person
- Adult (double occupancy), $140.00
- Children 10 to 15 years, $75.00
- Children 4 to 9 years, $55.00
- Children under 4 - free
- Single $155.00
- Stay 7 days or More - 5% discount
- Stay 14 days or More - 10% discount
- Deposit 30%, minimum $150 pp
- Corporate Groups 50% deposit w/full payment two weeks prior to reservation
- Guide service $185/day/two people fish
- $300/day/one or two person hunt
- Boat and Motor Rental $60.00 per day
- Fishing/hunting licenses sold at camp
- Dog charge $10/day except no charge during October
- Food and Lodging Tax 7%
- Service charge 15% added to food and lodging
- Airport shuttle available
- Stream Fishermen fish early or late, we will accommodate you with your meals.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2006
As one of the oldest and most famous fishing lodges in the country, our company's origins stem from the nineteenth century, and have become a way of life for many sportsmen looking for a remote fishing experience. Our unequaled comfort and hospitality distinguish us from all other sporting camps. As your hosts, we...