Provence Epicurian AdventurePlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 6 day(s)
Group Size: 10 - 15 people
Specialty Categories: Food & Wine
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 3289 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 4110 US Dollar (USD)
Through this self drive discovery journey you will marvel at the diversity of Provence’s wines and from local growers you will learn about the timeless traditions of wine making. To add to your censorial enjoyment you will be treated to the unique gastronomic pleasures of the cuisine of the sun. Stay three nights in Avignon and two nights in Aix en Provence. Optional: a private chauffeur guide throughout your visit can be arranged.
Day 1: Pick up at the train station in Avignon (or Marseille airport). Transfer to your hotel in Avignon. Guided visit of the medieval town and Pope’s Palace. Dinner at the Michelin starred restaurant in Avignon.
Day 2: In the morning you will take a sensory voyage in the cellars of Cairanne wine. This will be followed by a lunch in a gastronomic restaurant during which you will be initiated by the sommelier to the art of wine tasting and how to best complement wines and foods. In the afternoon, you will visit the vineyards of Gigondas. Night in Avignon
Alternatively for day 2: In the morning you will be treated to a guided visit of the picturesque perched villages of Gordes, Lourmarin and Roussillon. After lunch in a gastronomic restaurant in Lourmarin you will visit a local vintner of the appellation Cotes du Luberon. Night in Avignon.
Day 3: Today you will visit the vineyard of a renowned Chateauneuf du Pape vintner. The afternoon you will visit a chocolate making factory followed by wine tasting of sweet Beaumes de Venise Muscat. Night in Avignon.
Day 4: Today you will learn the secrets of cuisine Provencale. In the morning you will take a cooking workshop followed by lunch. Transfer to Aix en Provence for the night.
Day 5: Take a guided visit of Aix en Provence, the birthplace of Paul Cezanne and visit his workshop. In the evening you will eat at a top gastronomic restaurant in Aix en Provence. Night in Aix.
Day 6: Free morning time in Aix. Afternoon transfer to TGV rail or the airport.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- From $ 3289 per person double occupancy in 3 star accommodations.
- From $4110 per person in double occupancy in 4 star accommodations.
- Five nights double occupancy in superior room.
- All breakfasts.
- Two dinners and two lunches in gastronomic restaurants.
- Cooking class.
- Full day guided visit of vineyards with a professional oenologist.
- All guided visits as outlined with wine tasting.
- Luxury rental car type Mercedes 607 or Renault Velsatis.
- Transfer to Rail station or airport.
* This trip can be customized to include airfare, train passes and additional night stays in Provence, Paris or other cities.
* Rates are subject to availability and currency rate fluctuations.