Discover the Alpilles and Pont du GardPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 6 day(s)
Group Size: 10 - 15 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Ecotourism
Season: March - November
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1050 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1050 US Dollar (USD)
Highlights: Avignon’s Papal Palace; Arles’s Roman architecture; the amazing Pont du Gard; vineyards of Chateauneuf du Pape; St Remy de Provence; Uzes and les Baux de Provence.
France has a temperate climate though it is very variable within its borders. Paris and the North tend to be cold and wet in winter and often hot and humid in summer. The south including Provence, Riviera and Languedoc/Rousillon have a Mediterranean climate with the mildest temperature.
This region boasts the most sunny days with mild temperature in winter but watch out for the strong Mistral wind that sometimes occur in the Provence/Cote d’Azur region. Along the Atlantic coast the weather is temperate with mild temperature and rainfall distributed throughout the year.
Summers can be hot and sunny. Normandy has a rather temperate climate with frequent showers throughout the year. The Alps region and Pyrenees have more rigorous winters but hot and sunny summers.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Date: from early spring to late fall.
Price starts from $1,050* pp double occupancy.
Activity level: easy to moderate.
- 5 nights double occupancy (2 nights in 2-star and 3 nights in 3-star hotels).
- All breakfasts and 3 dinners.
- Welcome drink.
- Fully equipped bike rental.
- Baggage transfer.
- Transfer from train station or airport.
- Daily cycling routes and detailed maps.
- Emergency support call.
* This trip can be customized to include airfare, car rental, train passes and additional night stays in Provence, Paris or other cities.
* These rates are subject to availability and currency rate fluctuations.