The Magic of Provence TourPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 6 day(s)
Group Size: 10 - 15 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 3340 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3340 US Dollar (USD)
More importantly, on this journey you will find your senses stimulated in many ways from the special light that inspired the impressionist painters to the smell and taste of its many delightful specialties.
Day 1: Saturday. Check in at our hotel in the heart of the medieval city. Afternoon at leisure for some exploration on your own or relaxation. Tonight we will enjoy a welcome dinner in a Michelin starred gastronomic restaurant. (D)
Day 2: Sunday. Today we will start with a visit to the colorful Sunday market at Ile sur la Sorgue famous for its antique and bric a brac finds. We will then, visit the exquisite site of Fontaine du Vaucluse, a powerful natural spring. In the afternoon we will explore the picturesque perched villages of the Luberon - Gordes and the Ochre colored Roussillon. We will return to Avignon for an evening at leisure. (B), (L)
Day 3: Monday. The day will begin with a guided tour of the Pope’s Palace - the largest medieval palace in Europe and a Unesco World Heritage site; also visit the Pont d’Avignon and Rocher des Doms Park. Free time for lunch and afternoon at leisure. (B)
Day 4: Tuesday. Our day will be spent experiencing the delightful town of Aix en Provence, birthplace of artist Paul Cezanne. We will enjoy a guided tour of the town to admire its many squares, fountains and Renaissance architecture and visit Cezanne's atelier. Return to Avignon for dinner and lodging. (B), (D)
Day 5: Wednesday. Today we will explore the Alpilles Hills and the town of Arles. We will marvel at the enduring Roman Arena and Antique Theatre. After lunch, we will visit the picturesque perched village of Les Baux de Provence and go for a tour of St. Remy de Provence, birthplace of Nostradamus. Here we will be able to tour St. Paul de Mausole, the convent turned hospital where Vincent Van Gogh spent time recuperating while living briefly in Provence. (B), (L)
Day 6: Thursday. Morning at leisure in Avignon. In the afternoon, we will take a drive through the countryside to view the Pont du Gard, the Roman aqueduct considered to be an engineering marvel and stop for wine tasting in Chateauneuf du Pape. Return to Avignon for a farewell dinner. (B), (D)
Day 7: Friday. After breakfast tour ends. Au revoir et à bientot. (B)
* Optional: cooking class.
- 4 star accommodation in the heart of Avignon.
- Gourmet meals.
- Medieval heritage: Avignon's Pope's Palace; Ste. Trophime Cathedral; Abbaye de Senanque.
- Roman architecture: Pont Du Gard; Arles' Arena and Antique Theatre; Les Antiques.
- Irresistible provencal towns: Avignon; St. Remy de Provence; Aix en Provence.
- Picturesque perched villages: Gordes; les Baux; Roussillon.
- Savoir vivre: colorful markets; Chateauneuf du Pape wine tasting.
- Beautiful landscape: Alpilles Hills; Luberon National Park; olive groves; orchards.
- A/C minicoach transportation in Provence.
- Fully escorted and expertly guided.
- Small intimate group.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Dates: upon request
Price starts at $3340.00per person double occupancy (land only).
Single supplement: $900.
- 6 nights accommodation double occupancy in 4 star hotel in Avignon.
- All buffet breakfasts.
- 3 dinners (2 in Michelin starred gastronomic restaurants).
- 2 lunches.
- Transportation by comfortable mini-coach throughout Provence.
- Museums and monuments with entry fees.
- Transfers to and from airport.
- Museums and monuments with entry fees.
- Wine tasting.
- Professionally guided tours by local expert guides.
- Professional and bilingual tour leader at your disposal throughout the trip.
* Airfare, transfers and additional nights in Paris, Provence or beyond can be arranged through Enchanted France.
* These rates are subject to availability and currency fluctuations.