The isolated culture of rural Newfoundland and the stark, unspoiled beauty of the landscapes make this an exceptional experience, with unparalleled scenery and visits to truly special places. The adventure starts and finishes in “the Battery”, and a downtown area packed with so many lively spots that nightlife is vividly entertaining. You will start with a full day of hiking on the best part of the East Coast Trail, before venturing west to ride the perimeters of two beautiful peninsulas, whose coastal sites include Grates Cove, Ryan Premises, and the astounding village of Trinity, about whose history you will learn as you walk with a theater troupe. You will probably see whales and icebergs, and will appreciate the unspoiled feel of the vast landscapes here. The past two centuries of isolation have preserved a distinctive accent, believed by linguists to be a relatively unchanged Elizabethan dialect. It is very easy to strike up conversation with the friendly folk who live here, but whether you understand or are simply bemused by their colourful colloquialisms remains to be seen.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Start: St. John’s, Newfoundland, 15:00, day one. Airport pickup available 14:30.
- Finish: St. John’s, Newfoundland, noon, day eight
- Guided Cost: $2895 (per person, includes 8 days, 7 nights, 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 6 dinners, luggage handling, van and guide support, route notes and maps)
- Self-Guided Cost: $2495 (per person, includes 8 days, 7 nights, 7 breakfasts, luggage handling, guided hike on day 2, transfers on days 3, 5, and 8, route notes and maps)
- Single Occupancy: $585
- Bicycle Rental: Hybrid: $145; Racing: $195; Full Carbon Racing or Electric-assist: $265
All details and pricing are subject to change without notice. 13% sales tax applies, but a 50% refund will be applied for non-Canadians.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Apr 1997
M06468 helped forge industry standards for active holidays and they remain leaders in the world of outdoor fun. Offering guided or self-guided options their services extend in all directions to include cycling, hiking, sea-kayaking, and multi sport holidays. Trips range in difficulty from easy family fun to tough...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend