Gay Vela Tour, Isthmus Of Tehuantepecoffered by supplier M15476 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Gay Tours
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1250 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1250 US Dollar (USD)
Velas are big dances or balls that are held every year in the month of May by the people of Juchitan. The “Intrepids Seeking Danger” is a group of Muxes that have been giving their own Vela in the month of November for over 20 years.
The Vela consists of a Catholic mass to start off in the morning, followed by a big breakfast at the annual hostess house, then the big ball (Vela) Saturday night in cocktail dress. Sunday is the Lavado de Olla, or potwash party, when all the Muxes wear traditional regional dress and pass the mayordomia over to the next year's hostess.
In this tour, we visit many friends I have in The Isthmus of Tehuantepec. We have cooking demonstrations and classes, visit craft villages, have the opportunity to know and learn from the Muxes of Juchitan about their lives, and experience an incredible fiesta. I will rent trajes or the regional costumes for all participants.
The last day is spent cooking under a thatched roof palapa on a tranquil, pristine beach before we return to Bahamas de Huatulco, where this tour begins and ends.
This is a 4 day-5 night tour in November.
- Deposit, Cancellations And Refunds: To secure your place in a class or course, a deposit is required. This information will be sent to you when you make your reservation.
- Courses and culinary tours: Twenty-five percent of the total price (including single supplement) will be charged if a participant cancels 60 days to 30 days prior to the course. When the cancellation occurs between the 29th day to the first day of the course, no refund will be given unless the space is sold to another participant.
If the space is filled, a refund less the non-refundable deposit will be given. A written notification must be received prior to refund. If the course is cancelled by our company, all fees will be refunded.
- Responsibility: We assume no liability or responsibility for any delay, loss, damage, injury or accident with regards to persons or property caused by fault or negligence of any hotel, transportation, or local operator rendering a part of our services. We shall not be responsible for any expense caused by loss or damage of personal items.
It is the participant's responsibility to be adequately insured. We strongly recommend traveler's insurance. The acceptance of our verbal or written confirmation, and a deposit or final payment for services, constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions listed in this brochure. Some reserves the right to make any changes, with or without notice, which might become necessary.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Transportation to and from class
- Three meals daily
- Hotel accommodations
- Airport transfers
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from Oaxaca, or to where the tour originates and ends.
- American Express, travelers checks accompanied with a copy of passport or photo ID, or cash in pesos or US dollars are accepted. No credit card accepted.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2006
M15476 offers day classes and week long cooking courses as well as culinary tours throughout Mexico. Our comprehensive courses and tours to give you an insider's knowledge of Mexican culture through its cuisine, and an experience of Mexico most visitors never see. Susana Trilling, teacher, chef, writer and...