Paradise Plus 19 Day North and South Island Bicycle Touroffered by supplier M07701 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 20 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 13 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Multi-activity
Season: October - April
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 5195 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 6595 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
New Zealand is sparsely populated, with little more than 4 million people. Its roads are generally quiet and the scenery spectacular; a combination which makes it a perfect cycling destination. It is through this constantly changing, uncluttered countryside that you will cycle, your senses invigorated by the sights and sounds of your surroundings.
A combined bus and cycle tour ensures that you can cycle the highlights of both Islands in a relatively short time. You will cycle approximately 850 km, however you are always welcome to ride in the support vehicle whenever you feel the need.
Experience has taught us that it's best not to overdo the first couple of days. Stop when you feel you have done enough, over doing those first few days could spoil your holiday!
19 day Road Cycling Tour from Auckland to Christchurch
Day 1: Arrive in Auckland and sightseeing
Day 2: Auckland - Whitianga: 251 km, 52 km biking Clevedon - Miranda
Day 3: Freeday in Whitianga: Visit Hot Water Beach, kayaking ...
Day 4: Whitianga - Rotorua: 245 km, 49 km biking Tairua - Whiritoa
Day 5: Freeday in Rotorua
Day 6: Rotorua - National Park (NP): 200 km, 53 km biking Turangi - NP
Day 7: NP. - Wanganui: 125 km, 57 km biking Kakatahi - Wanganui
Day 8: Wanganui - Wellington: 195 km
Day 9: Wellington - Nelson: 105 km, 34 km biking Picton - Havelock
Day 10: Freeday in Nelson: walking, kayaking, swimming...
Day 11: Nelson - Westport: 230 km, 65 km biking Lyell - Westport
Day 12: Westport - Hokitika: 145 km, 45 km biking Punakaiki - Greymouth
Day 13: Hokitika - Fox Glacier: 160 km, 62 km biking Hari Hari-Franz Josef
Day 14: Fox Glacier - Wanaka: 264 km, 81 km biking Pleasant Flat - Hawea
Day 15: Wanaka - Queenstown: 81 km, 51 km biking Wanaka - Arrowtown
Day 16: Freeday in Queenstown: walking, Bungy, Rafting...
Day 17: Queenstown - Twizel: 220 km, 61 km biking Lindis Pass - Twizel
Day 18: Twizel - Christchurch: 281 km, 33 km biking Canal road - Tekapo
Day 19: Christchurch: departure.
- Airport transfers
* Day 1 only: Auckland (between 7am & 2pm from the Airport)
* Day 19 only: Christchurch (between 7am & 3.30pm from the Hotel)
* Transfers outside these days/times are your own arrangements
- Accommodation: 18 nights in 3-4 star (NZ standard) hotels & motels
- Meals: none
There is an option to contribute to a group kitty for the occasional
breakfast and many picnic lunches. For those that are interested
(purely optional), the Tourguide will collect approx NZ$100pp
- Tourguide (who is also the driver)
- Support vehicle (Coaster Bus) with bike trailer (& luggage space) - (luggage limited to 1 suitcase per person + 1 daypack)
- Ferry crossing Wellington to Picton (normally mid morning crossing)
- Sightseeing tour Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland
- International flights & airport taxes
- Airport transfers outside the days/times specified above
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks (except daily drinking water), phone calls & Minibar expenses
- Personal expenses (including any specific medical related requirements).
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Single Accommodation Supplement: NZD $1400
- Includes tour guide, back up vehicle, luggage transfer, ferry crossing.
- Bike hire not included.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 1999
New Zealand’s award winning cycle tour company. Join us for road cycling, mountain biking, scenic, adventure, wine tasting and special interest cycle tours, designed for you to experience nature at its purest. New Zealand – the land of extremes where you can connect body, spirit and soul. Since 1987 our company...