Diving and Snorkeling in Los Roques National Park IPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Scuba Diving Snorkeling
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 800 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1600 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Caracas Airport - Los Roques National Park. Take the first available flight to Los Roques National Park. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your posada. In the afternoon, get ready for your first diving excursion to either Franciski or Madriski keys (15 minutes away from the main island). Madrisqui or Francisqui are 2 amazing reefs close to El Gran Roque, just 7 min. by boat. These are a wonderful gardens of coral and sponges, with a great variety of reef fauna. The maximum depth is 60 feet. This dive is perfect for beginners. In the evening, go back to your posada for dinner and a good night sleep. Overnight at a posada.
Day 2: Los Roques National Park. Spend the day diving at one of the following locations (two dives per day):
- Solapa de Rabusqui: after a 15 minute boat ride s/w form El Roque we find La Solapa de Rabusqui.This is a special reef formation like lapping, with an amazing visibility, where we often see, tarpons, turtles an sharks.
- Barrera Arrecifal Sur: a primitive and protected area of the south barrel reef, where we have at least 50 different sites, from Boca de Cote to Cayo sal, with wall up to 1.500 meters.We can fine caves, and the most beautiful coral formations, considered one of the best reefs in the Carebean . It´s common to find sharks, turtles, and big schools of jacks, snappers and much more. To reach this place we have to ride at least 40 minutes by boat.
- La Guaza: a rocky formation, located very close, just 5 minutes by boat, There are 3 pinnacles, with depths of 103 feet. There is wonderful visibility for all kinds of pelagic, like barracudas, groupers, snappers, turtles, eels, and much more. It is one of the most famous spots in Los Roques.
- La Piedra Ahogada: a place very similar to La Guaza. We can do deep and night diving here. We can often see jacks, barracudas, eels, and great variety of reef fish and rays. From this dive we can reach the cave of La Buceadora.
- La Buceadora: with similar features, but on the other side of El Gran Roque, here we can reach the tarpons arch (Arco de los sábalos), and their caves. There is a very interesting cavern with 2 domes where we can do very interesting penetrations, also on this dive we can visit a small three year old sailboat wreck at about 90 feet. Overnight at a posada. Includes: (B).
Note: The diving location will be selected based on your diving experience.
Day 3: Los Roques National Park. Spend the day diving at one of the locations described above (two dives). Overnight at a posada. Includes: (B).
Day 4: Los Roques National Park - Caracas Airport. After breakfast fly back to Caracas. Includes: (B).
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
We recommend you bring:
- Passport (with photocopies)
- Travel insurance (with photocopies)
- Airline tickets (with photocopies)
- USD o EURO cash and/or travelers checks
- Credit card
- Travel vouchers, pre-departure information and printed copy of your PDF itinerary
- Alarm clock
- Sun hat, sunblock, sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Small towel and swim wear
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Sturdy walking shoes/sport sandals
- Long trousers
- Hiking pants/track pants
Special Needs: Those who have special needs need to let us know in advance so we can make the necessary arrangements (e.g. allergy to specific foods, etc).