Deep South SafariPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 3 - 7 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Scuba Diving Boating and Sailing
Season: March - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 700 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 750 Euro (EUR)
St Johns is a vast collection of small reefs offering some of the most remote and rewarding diving in the Red Sea. Habili Ali offers giant gorgonians and black corals whilst Grey Reef, Silvertip and schools of Hammerhead sharks might be found on the west side. Habili Gafaar is a mass of soft corals teaming with shoals of Snappers, Butterfly Fish and Barracudas.
Mantas, Oceanic White Tip, Grey Reef and Silvertip Sharks can be seen in the blue. Gota Kebir is a massive reef, famous for its tunnels and south plateau where Jacks and Barracudas can be seen and the occasional Manta. The tunnels are ideal for novice cave divers.
Gota Soraya is rated as possibly one of the best wall dives in the Red Sea, with overhangs and cracks in the reef wall full of Glass Fish and Sweepers and an abundance of corals, Grey Reef, Silvertip, Oceanic White Tip and Hammerheads.
Often sighted here are hump-head parrot fish, grey reef shark, white tip reek sharks and hammerhead sharks. This Red Sea safari route also takes in the reef system of Fury Shoal which has something to suit all tastes; Sha'ab Claude is an underwater playground with it's grottos, swim throughs and caverns, excellent for great photo opportunities.
The tug boat wreck at Abu Galawa is encrusted with beautiful hard and soft corals is inhabited with glassfish, this wreck is also excellent for a truly memorable night dive. You will have another chance to see dolphins at Sataya and Sha'ab Maksour offers superb diving on both it's north and south plateau.
* All dive sites are subject to weather conditions and level of diver experience. We recommend divers have a minimum or 40 logged dives for a deep south safari.
* All guests are required to have a full passport valid for at least 6 months. We need a copy of the names and passport numbers of all guests at least one week before arrival.
* All divers are required to bring with them:
- diving licence
- log book
- full diving equipment
- 2 x photocopies of passport
* Equipment rental can be arranged prior to arrival for any diver requiring it.
* We reserve the right to change the booked boat for one of equal standard should the need arise.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
A non-refundable deposit of 35% of the total fee is required within 5 days to confirm the booking. The full payment is required 1 month prior to departure.
All prices are in Euros but we can offer you a quote in Sterling or dollars if requested.