Birdwatching Tours of Ghana (11 Days)offered by supplier M15982 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 - 11 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1150 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1150 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Ghana covers a variety of habitats from coastal wetland lagoons and salt pans on the Gold Coast. Moving inland, you will find primary Guinea Tropical Rainforest, where the World famous Kakum canopy walkway offers arguably the best African Rainforest Bird viewing around. Moving through the broad-leaved Guinea woodland of Central Ghana to the Sahelian Savannah plans of the North. These varied habitats make for an extremely impressive bird tally. A tally we know will not disappoint.
Day 1: Arrival. Transfer to hotel, relax and acclimatize yourself to Africa.
Day 2: Birdwatching and wildlife viewing. Visiting coastal lagoons, mudflats, salt pans, grassland reserves and Kakum National park, a tropical guinea rain forest.
Day 3: Birdwatching, wildlife viewing and cultural excursions. Early start as we head for exclusive patronage of the world famous canopy walkway at Kakum National park. During the early morning and evening, we will be spending the most critical bird viewing hours 40 meters above the forest floor on the canopy walkway, which platforms are large enough to support Telescopes.
Day 4: Birdwatching and wildlife viewing. An early start, we will be concentrating our attention on the many trails within Kakum National park.
Day 5: Birdwatching. After a final mornings birding at Kakum National park, we have breakfast and depart for Kumasi. Hopefully during our journey, we will add some species we may have missed whilst at Kakum. We arrive in Kumasi at our hotel for a 1 night stay.
Day 6: Birdwatching. We leave Kumasi after breakfast heading north towards Mole National park. We can expect to see different bird species en route as we gradually enter the Sahelian Savannah plains of northern Ghana. During our journey, we will be stopping at riparian forests and woodlands trying to add different species to our list.
Days 7-9: Birdwatching, wildlife viewing and cultural excursions. hree days dedicated to birdwatching and wildlife viewing at Mole National park, Ghana's premier wildlife park.
Day 10: Birdwatching. After a final morning birding on the terrace of the hotel, we will depart for Kumasi. We hope to add some new species we may have previously missed en route.
Day 11: Birdwatching and cultural excursions. A revisit to Bobiri forest reserve aiming to add some species we missed during our previous visit. We return to our hotel for lunch and depart for Accra before your flight home.
- David Daramani: Ghana’s best and Chief Ornithologist for Ghana Wildlife Society. David has many years experience in leading birdwatching tours of Ghana and has over 30 years of experience working with Ghana’s birds. His knowledge of Ghana’s forest and Savannah species as well as his amazing ability to identify birds from song and call are unrivaled. He has a wonderful personality is a joy to be around and will ensure your trip is a memorable one.
- Mark Williams: Is the director and co-founder of the company. He is a British Citizen based in Ghana and has a vast knowledge of all the country has to offer. He has a passion for birding and will accompany the tour for the duration, ensuring it runs smoothly and is enjoyable.
- Kalu Afasi: Is a local birdwatching expert who specializes in coastal and forest species. He has an excellent eye for spotting and his enthusiasm is infectious. He is a major asset to our tours.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Collection, transportation in and around Ghana
- All meals
- Park entrance fees
- All guide fees
- Excursion costs.
- Flights (can be arranged for UK travelers)
- Travel insurance (see links)
- Entry visas (see links)
- Drinks and items of purely personal nature.
- Single Supplement: £100.
- Deposit: £250.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
M15982 is a West African Travel Destination Specialist and a registered tour operating company based in Cape Coast, Central Region, Ghana. They have a long term commitment to responsible travel, community development and conservation ensuring local economies in the areas they visit benefit from their presence. ...