Certified Avalanche Level II Courseoffered by supplier M15970 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Skiing & Snowboarding Outdoor Skills School
Season: February - March
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 475 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 475 US Dollar (USD)
Level II Instruction Includes:
- Snow metamorphism
- Guidelines and recording standards
- Snow packs and avalanche observations.
Additional Topics Include:
- Advanced route selection and Decision making
- Avalanche recognition
- Snow profiles and evaluation
- Ski testing, using the glide block test
- "The hasty pit"
- Route finding considerations for the professional mountain guide, snow rangers or ski patrollers.
*Note: Dates Contact for specific dates for 2015/2016
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Professional instruction/guides
- Avalanche beacon use
- Avalanche rescue equipment
- Course materials
- Permits and permit fees.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
M15970 co-owned Timothy Keating, CEO and one of the original co-founders of the company. Along with Dave Cressman, our 15 year Shasta operations manager, now COO of the corporation. Established in 1981, we are one of only 3 guide services to operate on Mt. Shasta and one of 8 guides’ services to offer in both winter...