Our most popular guided ascent to the summit of Mt. Shasta is via Mt. Shasta’s Avalanche Gulch route. This course is a two day guided ascent with professional instruction in ice axe and crampon use including ice axe self-arrest. Depending on time constraints we may also briefly touch on the basics of route finding, mountain sense, and mountain safety. Our climb is for anyone who has a desire to learn the skills necessary to ascend Mt. Shasta safely and wishes to explore the world of alpine mountaineering with a professional guide, while climbing the most popular and direct route to the summit of Mt. Shasta via the spectacular Avalanche Gulch route.
- Departure City: Mt. Shasta, California
- Group Size: Limited to 8 clients
- Guide to Client Ratio: 1:4
- Experience Level: Anyone in good to excellent physical condition with a desire to reach the summit of Mt. Shasta. Hiking and backpacking experience is recommended.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Professional guides
- Group camping equipment including tents and stoves
- Ice ax, harness, helmets
- All group technical and safety equipment
- Dinners and breakfasts
- Permits and permit fees
- Informational support from our Mt. Shasta office.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
M15970 co-owned Timothy Keating, CEO and one of the original co-founders of the company. Along with Dave Cressman, our 15 year Shasta operations manager, now COO of the corporation. Established in 1981, we are one of only 3 guide services to operate on Mt. Shasta and one of 8 guides’ services to offer in both winter...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger
Outdoor Skills School
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend