High Altitude Mountaineering Course in PeruPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 12 - 19 day(s)
Group Size: 3 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Ice Climbing Mountain/Rock Climbing
Season: June - July
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2895 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3870 US Dollar (USD)
We will attempt 2-3 peaks between 18,000 ft. and 21,000 ft. in the Blancas depending on local conditions, group skill level, and as our time allows. Possible options to be attempted: Pisco (18,866 ft.), Huandoy Este (19,909 ft.), Chipicalqui (20,841 ft.). Other peaks and climbs may be substituted due to climbing conditions. While an excellent pre-course for the Huascaran Expedition (22,205 ft.) this is a great introduction to climbing in the Peruvian Andes with ascents of peaks over 18,000 ft., all the while learning advanced climbing techniques and how to be safe at high altitude. Expedition Option: The summit of Huascaran Sur (22,205 ft.) is the objective of this week-long expedition option. It is the highest peak in the Peruvian Andes.
- Pisco 18,866 ft., Huandoy Este 19,909 ft. with Huascaran 22,205 ft. expedition option
- Huascaran Sur (22,205 ft.) expedition
- Duration: 12 days plus one travel day
- We can accommodate non-climbing participants who have the desire to explore Peru, but do not have the desire to attempt the summits.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Ground support
- Ground transportation
- Hut fees
- Entrance fees
- Group climbing equipment
- Camping/base camp equipment
- All food while climbing or trekking
- Informational support and contact through our Mt. Shasta office, review of climbing techniques with our experienced guides.
- Minimum 3 climbers
- Cost add on: $975.00. (minimum 3 climbers)
- Price subject to change until booking due to international exchange rates.