Luxury Four Day Kaikoura Self-Guided Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Wildlife Viewing
Season: September - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2400 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3000 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
After relaxing in Waipara it’s a moderately demanding ride to your mountainous farm stay at Waiau. From Waiau, it’s a steady descent to the Pacific coast and the pleasant seaside town of Kaikoura. In Kaikoura you have a chance to take in the dramatic scenery, whale and dolphin watching or any of the many activities on offer, before your afternoon train journey, which passes the seal colonies that dot this spectacular coastline, back to Christchurch.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then bike to Waipara. Includes: (D).
Day 2: Waipara to Waiau. Includes: (D).
Day 3: Waiau to Kaikoura.
Day 4: Kaikoura to Christchurch on the train.
- Equipment Included:
* Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres)
* Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit
* Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 3 nights accommodation in carefully selected luxury 5 star accommodation (Breakfast included each day and evening meals on days 1 and 2).
- Difficulty: Moderate difficulty route with an average 50 to 90kms per cycling day.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season NZ$2400 per person twin share (May to October inclusive)
- High Season NZ$2600 per person twin share (November to April inclusive)
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$1300.
Notes: Daily luggage cartage. Your gear can be waiting for you at the end of each day. This service costs an additional $400 per person (minimum of 2 people) although a discount is available for 3 or more people.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...