Seven Day Kaikoura/ Pacific Ocean Luxury Bicycle Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 4750 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 5900 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
In Kaikoura you have a rest day and a chance to take in the dramatic scenery, whale-watching or any of the many activities on offer. From Kaikoura it’s a magnificent cycle north along the Pacific Coast to your accommodation at an historic farm stay, before heading north to Blenheim and the wine country of Marlborough to enjoy your vineyard cottage stay. Once in Blenheim you have the option of an afternoon train journey to Christchurch or completing you tour in Blenheim.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then bike to Waipara. Includes: (D).
Day 2: Waipara to Waiau. Includes: (D).
Day 3: Waiau to Kaikoura.
Day 4: Kaikoura. Rest day.
Day 5: Kaikoura to Kekerengu. Includes: (D).
Day 6: Kekerengu to Blenheim.
Day 7: Blenheim Christchurch on the train or complete tour in Blenheim.
- Equipment Included:
* Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres),
Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit.
* Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
* You can upgrade to a Trek 1200 road bike available in combination with daily luggage transportation, contact us for further details.
- Accommodation: 6 nights accommodation in carefully selected luxurious 5 star accommodation (Breakfast included each day and evening meals on days one, two and four).
- Difficulty: Moderate difficulty route with an average 50 to 90kms per cycling day.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season NZ$4750 per person twin share (May to October inclusive)
- High Season NZ$5200 per person twin share (November to April inclusive)
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$2350.
Notes: Daily luggage cartage. Your gear can be waiting for you at the end of each day. This service costs an additional $700 per person (minimum of 2 people) although a discount is available for 3 or more people.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...