14 Day West Coast - Kaikoura / Pacific Ocean Self - Guided Bike Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 14 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 2600 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2650 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Trek touring bike (with road tires).
- Ortlieb Rear Pannier Bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit.
- Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 13 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite [where available], in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (Breakfast).
- Difficulty: Moderate difficulty route with an average 50 to 90 km per cycling day.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then take the Tranz Alpine train ride to Moana and then bike to Greymouth
Day 2: Greymouth to Punakaiki
Day 3: Punakaiki to Westport
Day 4: Rest day and sight seeing in Westport
Day 5: Westport to Reefton
Day 6: Reefton to Maruia Springs
Day 7: Mauria Springs to Hanmer
Day 8: Rest day in Hanmer
Day 9: Hanmer to Mount Lyford
Day 10: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura
Day 11: Rest day/sightseeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the whale and dolphin watching, swimming with the seals, or any of the many other attractions
Day 12: Kaikoura to Cheviot
Day 13: Cheviot to Waipara.
Day 14: Waipara to Christchurch [or extend your stay in Waipara to take in the fine Vineyards]
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season (September, October, November, March, April, May) NZ$2600 per person twin share
- High Season (December, January & February) NZ$2650 per person twin share
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$595.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...