Three Day Banks Peninsula Supported Cycle Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: September - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 450 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 975 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
From Diamond Harbor it’s a moderate climb to stunning views of the southern aspect of Banks Peninsula and then a gentle cycle alongside Lakes Forsyth and Ellesmere and onto the small town of Little River with its quiet and relaxed pace. From Little River you return to Christchurch via a different route with the option of taking in lunch or wine tasting at the vineyards on the way back to Christchurch to complete our trip.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then cycle to Diamond Harbor.
Day 2: Diamond Harbor to Little River.
Day 3: Little River to Christchurch.
- Equipment Included:
* Trek Mountain Bike for cycling (with road tyres).
* Ortlieb Rear Pannier Bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit.
* Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 2 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom en suite, in carefully selected B&B's (Breakfast included).
- Difficulty: Moderate difficulty, but with a number of different route options you can make it more or less demanding. Distances of 40 to 60kms per day with several 200m [600feet] climbs, dependent on route choice.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- NZ$450 p.p. twin share Budget
- NZ$575 p.p. twin share Standard
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$110.
Notes: Daily luggage cartage. Your gear can be waiting for you at the end of each day. This service costs an additional $200 per person (minimum of 2 people) although a discount is available for 3 or more people.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...