Nine Day West Coast and Rainforests Self-Guided Bike Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 9 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: September - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1925 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1975 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Then it’s a gentle ride along the spectacular Buller river and through to the historic goldfields of Reefton. From Reefton it’s a climb through the Southern Alps before relaxing in the thermal springs of Maruia and Hanmer Springs. After a rest and sightseeing day in Hanmer, it’s onto the wine and olive growing regions of Waipara and Amberley, before a gentle ride back to Christchurch.
Day 1: Collect bicycle & equipment in Christchurch, Transz Alpine train ride to Moana and the cycle to Greymouth.
Day 2: Greymouth to Punakaiki.
Day 3: Punakaiki to Westport.
Day 4: Westport to Reefton.
Day 5: Reefton to Maruia Springs (natural hot springs).
Day 6: Maruia Springs to Hanmer.
Day 7: Rest day in Hanmer (thermal springs).
Day 8: Hanmer to Waipara.
Day 9: Waipara to Christchurch.
- Equipment Included: mountain bike for touring (with road tyres) or speciailist touring bike [both 27speed], Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit. Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: Eight nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite (where available), in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (breakfast included).
- Difficulty: Moderate to demanding route, with longer days averaging 45 to 90 km per cycling day.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season (October, November, March & April) $1925 p.p. twin share
- High Season (December, January & February) $1975 p.p. twin share
- Single supplement (on request basis only) $650.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...