14 Day West Coast - Kaikoura/ Pacific Ocean Self-Guided Bike Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 14 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: September - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2600 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2650 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Day 1: Collect bicycle and equipment in Christchurch, Tranz Alpine train ride to Moana and then bike to Greymouth.
Day 2: Greymouth to Punakaiki.
Day 3: Punakaiki to Westport.
Day 4: Rest day and sight seeing in Westport.
Day 5: Westport to Reefton.
Day 6: Reefton to Maruia Springs.
Day 7: Mauria Springs to Hanmer.
Day 8: Rest day in Hanmer.
Day 9: Hanmer to Mount Lyford.
Day 10: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura.
Day 11: Rest day/sightseeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the whale and dolphin watching, swimming with the seals, or any of the many other attractions.
Day 12: Kaikoura to Cheviot.
Day 13: Cheviot to Waipara.
Day 14: Waipara to Christchurch (or extend your stay in Waipara to take in the fine Vineyards).
- Equipment Included:
* Trek touring bike (with road tires).
* Ortlieb Rear Pannier Bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit.
* Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 13 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite (where available), in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (Breakfast).
- Difficulty: Moderate difficulty route with an average 50 to 90kms per cycling day.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season (September, October, November, March, April, May) NZ$2600 per person twin share
- High Season (December, January and February) NZ$2650 per person twin share
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$595.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...