16 Day Top of the South Island and Sea Kayak Self - Guided Bike Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 16 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Season: September - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 3200 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3300 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Vineyards and olive groves of Blenheim and Waipara
- Pacific coastline and marine life of Kaikoura including whale and dolphin watching
- Lush bush of the inland Buller, Marlborough and beautiful bays of the Marlborough Sounds
- Golden sands and breathtaking beaches of the Abel Tasman National Park.
- Equipment Included: Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres), Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit. Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 14 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite (where available), in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (breakfast included). 2 days fully guided sea kayaking in the Abel Tasman National Park (including all meals, entrance fees and tent/camping equipment) additional days walking/sea kayaking in the Abel Tasman National Park available on request.
- Difficulty: This is an intermediate level route with an average 50 to 80 km cycling per day and a number of moderate hill climbs along the route.
Day 1: Collect bicycle and equipment in Christchurch, and cycle to Waipara.
Day 2: Waipara to Mount Lyford.
Day 3: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura.
Day 4: Sightseeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the whale and dolphin watching, swimming with the seals, etc.
Day 5: Kaikoura to Kekerengu.
Day 6: Kekerengu to Blenheim.
Day 7: Rest Day in Blenheim/visit the Vineyards.
Day 8: Blenheim to Anakiwa in the Marlborough Sounds.
Day 9: Anakiwa to Pelorus Bridge.
Day 10: Pelorus Bridge to Nelson.
Day 11: Rest day and sightseeing in Nelson.
Day 12: Nelson to Motueka.
Day 13: Motueka to Marahau (Abel Tasman National Park).
Day 14: Guided Sea Kayaking in the Abel Tasman (staying in the National Park).
Day 15: Guided Sea Kayaking in the Abel Tasman National Park and return to Marahau.
Day 16: End of tour or continue on our 19 or 28 day top of the south tour to Christchurch/Queenstown.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season (September, October, November, March, April, May) NZ$3200 per person twin share
- High Season (December, January & February) NZ$3300 per person twin share
- Single supplement (on request basis only) NZ$650.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...