Eight Day Queenstown and Southern Lakes Self - Guided Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: September - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1500 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1550 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Equipment Included: Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres), Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit. Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: Seven nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite, in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (breakfast included).
- Difficulty: Moderate to demanding route with longer days averaging 60 to 100 km per cycling day.
Day 1: Collect bicycle and equipment in Christchurch, and cycle to Methven.
Day 2: Methven to Geraldine.
Day 3: Geraldine to Lake Tekapo.
Day 4: Rest day at Lake Tekapo.
Day 5: Lake Tekapo to Omarama.
Day 6: Omarama to Cromwell.
Day 7: Cromwell to Queenstown.
Day 8: Rest day in Queenstown to take in the sights or to Christchurch via bus, or continue on to join our tour through the Central Otago Goldfields.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season (September, October, November, March & April) $1500 per person twin share
- High Season (December, January & February) $1550 per person twin share
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) $395.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...