13 Day Southern Lakes and Central Otago Rail Trail Self - Guided Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 13 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: October - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 2400 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2450 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
From Tekapo it’s along the canals and glacier feed Southern Lakes and through the dramatic landscape of the McKenzie Basin to Cromwell. At Cromwell head off for a 5 day side trip through the historic central Otago Rail trail and the dramatic backdrop of the Maniototo Plains. You then return via Wanaka to your final destination of Queenstown, the Adventure capital of New Zealand.
- Equipment Included: Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres), Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit. Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
- Accommodation: 12 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite, in carefully selected B&B's & Farm stays (breakfast included).
- Difficulty: Moderate-to Demanding route with longer days, averaging 50 to 100 km per cycling day.
Day 1: Collect bicycle &and equipment in Christchurch, and cycle to Methven.
Day 2: Methven to Geraldine.
Day 3: Geraldine to Lake Tekapo.
Day 4: Rest day/sightseeing.
Day 5: Lake Tekapo to Omarama.
Day 6: Omarama to Cromwell.
Day 7: Cromwell to Clyde (start of the Rail Trail) and onto Lauder.
Day 8: Lauder to Ranfurly.
Day 9: Rest day or day trip to Naseby.
Day 10: Ranfurly to Clyde via the historic town of St Bathins.
Day 11: Clyde to Wanaka.
Day 12: Wanaka to Queenstown.
Day 13: Sight seeing Queenstown.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season (October, November, March & April) NZ$2400 per person twin share
- High Season (December, January & February) NZ$2450 per person twin share
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$550.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...