The Real Deal Self-Guided Adventure Cycle Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 29 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: September - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 5200 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 5350 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Vineyards and Olive groves of Blenheim and Waipara
- Pacific Coastline and marine life of Kaikoura
- Lush bush of the inland Buller, Marlborough and beautiful bays of the Sounds or the (West Coast)
- Spectacular scenery of the Southern Lakes and Queenstown.
- Trek mountain bike for touring (with road tyres),
- Ortlieb rear pannier bags, front handlebar bag and comprehensive repair kit.
- Detailed itinerary, maps and notes on points of interest that you will pass.
Accommodation: 28 nights accommodation in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite (where available), in carefully selected B&B's, home stays and small friendly motels (Breakfast included). Difficulty: This is a longer route and can be a demanding route with an average 50 to 90 km per cycling day.
Day 1: We will meet you at your accommodation in Christchurch with bicycles and equipment and you then cycle to Waipara.
Day 2: Waipara to Hanmer.
Day 3: Rest day in Hanmer.
Day 4: Hanmer to Mount Lyford.
Day 5: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura.
Day 6: Sight seeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the Whale Watching, swimming with the seals, or any of the many other attractions.
Day 7: Kaikoura to Kekerengu.
Day 8: Kekerengu to Blenheim.
Day 9: Rest Day in Blenheim/ Visit the Vineyards.
Day 10: Blenheim to Anakiwa.
Day 11: Anakiwa to Pelorus Bridge.
Day 12: Pelorus Bridge to Nelson.
Day 13: Rest Day and sight seeing in Nelson.
Day 14: Nelson to St Arnaud.
Day 15: St Arnaud to Murchison.
Day 16: Murchison to Westport.
Day 17: Rest Day Westport.
Day 18: Westport to Punakaiki.
Day 19: Punakaiki South to Greymouth and Tranz Alpine train to Christchurch.
Day 20: Rest day in Christchurch.
Day 21: Cycle to Methven.
Day 22: Methven to Geraldine.
Day 23: Geraldine to Lake Tekapo.
Day 24: Rest Day at Lake Tekapo.
Day 25: Lake Tekapo to Omarama.
Day 26: Omarama to Wanaka.
Day 27: Wanaka to Cromwell.
Day 28: Cromwell to Queenstown.
Day 29: Rest day in Queenstown to take in the sights or to Christchurch via bus, or complete the tour through the Central Otago Goldfields.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Low Season (September, October, November, March, April, May) NZ$5200 p.p. twin share
- High Season (December, January & February ) NZ$5350 p.p. twin share
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$995.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...