Guided Bike Tour - Top of the South Guided Bike Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 13 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 9 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Season: November - March
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 5000 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 5000 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Throughout the tour you have the backup of our guides and their extensive local knowledge to assist in bicycle support and route information. In addition there is the backup of a Support Vehicle to lighten the load or if you need a rest.
- Isolated farmland and rugged countryside of North Canterbury and Inland Kaikoura Mountains
- Rugged mountains of the inland Kaikoura mountain ranges
- Pacific Coastline and marine life of Kaikoura Region [option of Whale watching, swimming with Dolphins/ Seals]
- Coastal beauty of the Abel Tasman National Park and the lush forest of the Nelson Lake National Park
- Lush bush and beautiful bays of the Marlborough Sounds
- Vineyards and Olive groves of Blenheim.
Difficulty: This is an intermediate level route with an average 40 to 118 km (25 to 71 miles) cycling per day on sealed and unsealed roads, with a number of moderate to steep hill climbs along the route.
Day 1: Christchurch to Mt Lyford (Van Transport - 40 km/25 mile cycle).
Day 2: Mount Lyford to Kaikoura (70km/ 43 miles).
Day 3: Sight seeing day in Kaikoura, where you can take in the Whale Watching, swimming with the seals, etc. before an afternoon ride along the spectacular Pacific coastline (65km/ 45 miles).
Day 4: Kekerengu to Blenheim morning cycle North to Blenheim.
Day 5: Day spent in Blenheim, New Zealand wine capital, with the option of a cycle around the vineyards.
Day 6: Blenheim to Anakiwa (50km/31 miles).
Day 7: Anakiwa to Nelson (75km/46 miles).
Day 8: Nelson to Marahau (75km/46 miles).
Day 9: Sea Kayaking Abel Tasman National Park (Guided and fully catered).
Day 10: Sea Kayaking Abel Tasman National Park and return to Marahau.
Day 11: Marahau to St Arnaud (118km/71 miles).
Day 12: St Arnaud to Blenheim (95kms/58 miles).
Day 13: Complete Tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- NZ$5000 per person twin share (minimum group size 4/ maximum group size 9)
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$1250.
- Support Vehicle and local driver
- Local on-the-bike guide
- Breakfast and Lunch each day [excluding breakfast on day 1]
- Evening Meals each night
- 11 nights accommodation in quality accommodation [based on twin /queen share rooms with bathroom ensuite
- Catered and guided overnight sea kayak tour
- Daily tour itinerary and maps
- Cell phone for emergency use.
- Bicycle Hire ($280 per person for 27 Speed Deore Trek spec. bicycle)
- Drinks (apart from water)
- Accommodation prior to tour commencement, or after tour completion
- Transfer from Blenheim at tour completion (add $80 if required).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...