Southern Lakes and West Coast Supported Bicycle Touroffered by supplier M15875 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 13 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): New Zealand
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: December - January
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 5000 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 5000 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Difficulty: Moderate-to Demanding route with longer days, averaging 70 to 140kms per cycling day (42-85miles/day).
Day 1: Meet and collect bicycle in Christchurch and drive to Methven before cycling to Geraldine (80km/49miles).
Day 2: Geraldine to Lake Tekapo (90km/55miles).
Day 3: Rest Day /Sightseeing or join us for a day trip to Mount Cook, New Zealand’s highest mountain.
Day 4: Lake Tekapo to Omarama (90km/55miles).
Day 5: Omarama to Cromwell (90km/55miles).
Day 6: Cromwell to Queenstown (75km/46miles).
Day 7: Queenstown "rest day" and sightseeing.
Day 8: Queenstown to Wanaka (70km/46miles).
Day 9: Wanaka to Haast (140km/85miles).
Day 10: Haast to Fox Glacier (140km/85miles).
Day 11: Rest Day.
Day 12: Fox Glacier to Hokitika (120km/73miles).
Day 13: Hokitika to Greymouth (80km/49miles).
Day 14: Leave Greymouth and return to Christchurch.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- NZ$5000 p.p. twin share
- Single Supplement (on request basis only) NZ$1250 ($2600 for Christchurch –Queenstown section /$2500 for Queenstown to Christchurch only).
- Bicycle Hire and Equipment (27 Speed Shimano Deore Trek spec. bicycle)
- Support Vehicle and local driver
- Breakfast and Lunch each day (excluding breakfast on day 1)
- 13 night’s accommodation in quality accommodation (based on twin /queen share rooms with bathroom ensuite (where available).
- Daily tour itinerary and maps
- Cell phone for emergency use.
- Evening Meals (though we are happy to offer our suggestion of local favorites each night and can assist with booking if required)
- Drinks (apart from water)
- Accommodation prior to tour commencement, or after tour completion
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2007
M15875 has been set up by cycle tourers, for cycle tourers. We have extensive knowledge of bike touring in New Zealand, gained through tens-of-thousands of kilometers cycling all the routes we recommend. We have used the knowledge we have gained to put together these self-guided tour routes because we think they offer...