Lower Salmon River, 5-Day Adventureoffered by supplier M08000 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 5 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Season: June - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1529 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1529 US Dollar (USD)
The Salmon’s wild, untamed nature makes it a haven for whitewater enthusiasts and those looking for true adventure. We bring our trademark commitment to excellence to the Lower Salmon River in the form of experienced guides who are committed to maximizing your adventure. After each day of heart-stopping whitewater, you can expect to camp along large, secluded beaches and relax while we prepare delicious meals and desserts under the wide-open skies of the Idaho backcountry.
We handle every aspect of organizing our campsites, freeing you to fish, swim, explore desolate homesteads, or simply relax and absorb the awesome scenery. As the sun sets during each day of our multi-day trips, the dazzling array of stars overhead highlights the unforgettable nature of our Salmon River adventures.
The Salmon River, also known as the “River of No Return,” is the longest free-flowing river in the country. Our journey is highlighted by fun Class III and Class IV rapids and amazing white sandy beaches. Since the Salmon River ecosystem is one of the healthiest in the country, we will have the opportunity to see a variety of wildlife and bird species.
- The evening before our departure, we have an optional pre-trip orientation at our Little Salmon Lodge in Pollock, Idaho at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain Time). We suggest spending the night before your trip with us. The Little Salmon Lodge is located nine miles south of Riggins off Highway 95 between mile markers 186 and 187. We are approximately 2.75 hours north of Boise and 2.5 hours south of Lewiston. At the pre-trip orientation, you will have a chance to meet other travelers and your trip leader. Be sure to ask any last-minute questions you may have before we launch the next morning.
- In the morning we will load our personal dry bags into the vans and depart at 8:00 a.m. for the short drive to the launch site at Hammer Creek.
- Upon arriving at the boat ramp, we engage in a thorough safety orientation before heading out on the river. Each day we will face an abundance of Class III rapids with the occasional Class IV rapid. We typically arrive at our luxurious riverside camp between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. The entire camp is already set up, which means your only job is to enjoy the surroundings. You can swim, play bocci ball, hike, fish, or just relax in camp. Each evening we prepare a fine gourmet meal in our well-stocked river kitchen.
- In the mornings we usually have breakfast at 8:30 a.m. and try to get back on the water between 10:00 and 10:30 a.m. Days 2 through 5 on the river include more exciting Class III rapids. Each day gets better as we float through several distinct sub-canyons – including the breathtaking Blue Canyon – until we reach the Snake River confluence. Our last night camping is usually spent on the Snake River, enjoying one more evening of fine food and company.
- On the fifth day we arrive at our take out site, Heller Bar, at approximately 2:00 p.m. We load our boats and equipment quickly and head back to the Lodge. You can expect to arrive at our facility by 6:00 p.m. Most people choose to spend their last night with us at the Little Salmon Lodge. Alternatively, we can shuttle your vehicle to the take out site or to Lewiston if it is more convenient for your travel plans.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Deposit Requirements: A per person non-refundable deposit of $400 for multi-day trips, $100 for overnight trips, and $25 for day trips is required to confirm your reservation. A deposit of $50 per lodge room, per night is also required. The full balance is due 90 days prior to your trip for multi-day trips and 60 days prior to your trip for day trips and lodge reservations. If your trip is booked less that 60 days in advance, full payment is required at the time of reservation.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2000
Welcome to M08000! 2009 will mark our 28th year as an Adventure Travel company. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality outdoor adventures to the world's best destinations. We offer a variety of vacation packages ranging from the storied whitewater of the Snake River in Hells Canyon and the Salmon River to...