Peninsula MalaysiaPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 12 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1 US Dollar (USD)
Its colonial history of passing hands over the last 600 years between Chinese protection, the Sumatra-based Srivijayan Empire, followed by Portuguese, Dutch, and British control is clearly evident in mixed architectural styles and centuries-old rubber plantations and tea gardens.
Nevertheless, it has developed a solid sense of nationhood since gaining independence in 1957 - after undergoing some growing pains involving violent racial conflict. Modern-day Malaysia is relatively harmonious and peaceful now, with mosques, Chinese temples and Christian churches co-existing in cities and small towns throughout the country. Equal tolerance is shown towards visitors, making it a hassle-free place to travel.
The country's economic development occurred primarily under the firm-handed rule of Mahatir Mohammed over 22 years before he handed over the reins in 2003. Modernization continues apace, but there is still plenty of old Malaya to enjoy.
A visit to Malaysia features a great range of cuisine from fiery coconut curries to Chinese delicacies, lush forests, white sand beaches, fascinating architecture and easy-going people. It is an accessible country with a broad palette of experiences to offer the visitor.
Again we have fused the local culture, cuisine and the pick of some of the best cycling to bring you a fantastic exploration of West coast Peninsula Malaysia.
Trip Profile: This is a 100% road cycling tour taking us approximately 740 km on good asphalt roads making it suitable for road, touring and hybrid bikes. The trip is point-to-point, apart from a small transfer at the end of the trip, and fully supported: our minibus rigged to carry bikes and people will shadow us for the entire journey.
Most rides are predominantly flat except for the long climb up into the Cameron Highlands and we will also encounter some hills on the ride round Langkawi. As well as traveling along the Andaman coast, we stop off at many points of interest and those with an eye for varied architectural styles or those who want to have a taste of a bygone era will find this tour fascinating.
This trip can be under taken by anyone with moderate fitness. There are some longer days but as this is a fully supported trip you can ride as much or as little as you want.
Your Itinerary (12 days, 11 nights starting in Kuala Lumpur and finishing in Langkawi)
Day 1: Meet in Kuala Lumpur
Day 2: Transfer out of Kuala Lumpur and ride to Selangor
Day 3: Ride into the countryside and onto Teluk Intan
Day 4: Ride to the hill station in the Cameron Highlands
Day 5: Rest day to relax or visit the many tea plantations
Day 6: A chance to view some colonial architecture as we ride to Ipoh
Day 7: Ride to "Everlasting Peace" in Taiping
Day 8: Cross Asia's longest bridge to Penang
Day 9: Discover Penang on today's ride
Day 10: Ferry to Langkawi and a short ride to the beach
Day 11: Langkawi island cycle tour. Ride around ancient city / Afternoon
Day 12: Free time till onward travel
* Facts & Figures:
- Total Distance-740 km
- Number of Days-12 days / 11 nights
- Number of cycling days-Seven full-days and two half-days
- Road Surface-All the cycling is on good asphalt roads.
- Support-One or two air-conditioned minibuses specially rigged to take bikes and bikers.
- Group Size-Minimum 4. Maximum 16.
- Staff-English-speaking guide(s), plus, drivers and assistants. For groups of six or more a western tour leader will join.
* Accommodation-2 night 4-star hotel, 3 nights in 3-star hotels, 5 nights provincial hotels All hotels have en suite facilities a/c, fridge TV and some hotels have a swimming pool. Wherever possible we use hotels with charm and local character.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
* Tour Cost- To be advised - Single Supplement: To be advised
* Contact us for flights from Langkawi or trip extensions
* Bike Hire - To be advised
- All meals except breakfast day 1, lunch on days 1 & 5 and dinner on days 5,9 & 12