Discovering TambopataPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 7 - 10 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 29 people
Specialty Categories: National Parks Canopy Tours
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 2650 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3370 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Welcome in Puerto Maldonado. Visit Inkaterra Butterfly House near the airport, convenient check-in. Land transfer to boarding wharf. Begin rain forest experience on the 45-minute boat ride along the Madre de Dios River. Arrival at Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica lodge. Short briefing. Settle into your beautiful cabaña and lunch in the dining room. Siesta - refreshing tea time. Guided walk along the Trail system in the Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica natural area. First night Twilight River excursion. Afternoon cocktails followed by dinner served in the main dining room from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Retire early or join us to talk about your first day experience of life in the rain forest. Overnight at the Lodge.
Day 2: Rest in bed or rise early. Breakfast begins at 5:30 am to avoid the heat and enjoy nature at its fullest; Full buffet, breakfast served from 7:30-9:30. Visit the Sandoval Lake excursion into the Tambopata National Reserve. Return to the Inkaterra lodge for lunch. After lunch – take Inkaterra Canopy Walk. May extend your excursion to appreciate the sunset from one of the tower. Back to lodge. Cocktails in the main dining room or during the daily nature presentation in the Eco-Media Center. Dinner starts at 7:30 pm. Overnight at the Lodge.
Day 3: Enjoy a trip to Gamitana Creek home to many piranha, caiman, turtles and birds, 45 minutes by boat from the Inkaterra lodge. To Gamitana Farm to see how local farmers raise fruits and vegetables; Picnic lunch. Short guided tour to see how local farmers raise fruits and vegetables. Afternoon free at Leisure. Relaxing with our special services at ENA Spa (additional cost). Overnight at the Lodge.
Day 4: Enjoy the Concepcion excursion, with over 200 different plant species. Followed by a 30-minute canoe trip to look for turtles, sun grebes, night jars and exotic herons. Return to the Inkaterra lodge for a lunch of delicious Peruvian cuisine. After lunch, visit to an Ese’ Eja family farm 25 minutes down stream from the lodge. Final Overnight, savor the tranquility of the Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica lodge.
Day 5: Enjoy a full breakfast before departure. 45-minute return boat trip by boat on the Madre de Dios River to Puerto Maldonado Airport.
- Explorations of the Canopy Walk and the Tropical Fish Aquarium may be added upon request at an additional charge, replacing other scheduled explorations.
- An additional day at ACEER (Amazon Center for Environmental Education and Research) may be added to your excursion upon request, requiring an additional overnight at Reserva Amazónica.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 10 days package: $2650 p/p in double/twin
- Single supplement: $700
- Single traveler: $3370.
- Round-trip ground transportation
- Accommodations at Reserva Amazónica
- All meals at the lodge
- Reserva Amazónica explorations
- Guide services in English, French or Italian (other languages available by previous arrangement)
- Evening Nature Presentations on Amazon topics
- Water and typical natural beverages
- Basic equipment required for each activity.
- Bottled drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Legal and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Other explorations not listed above.