China Magnificent (10 Days / 9 Nights)Please, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 10 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Museum Tours
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1325 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1510 US Dollar (USD)
Set Tours features vacation programs on a join-in guaranteed departure basis, covering one to five of China's best-selling destinations. They are carefully selected to ensure that you enjoy value for money and the very best of our service and hospitality. Our tours operate every Tuesday and Saturday, and are conducted in English.
Day 1: Beijing. On arrival you will be met by our guide and transferred to your hotel. You will be free for the rest of the day.
Stay tonight: feature hotels
Day 2: Beijing (B, L). A full day excursion by seat-in coach to the Great Wall - the landmark of China. It is one of the most amazing feats of human labor. After lunch, a drive to the Ming Tombs along the Sacred Way with giant marble figures and animals guarding the tomb area for deceased emperors of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644 AD).
Stay tonight: feature hotels
Day 3: Beijing (B, L, D). A morning tour of Tian'anmen Square, the largest public square in the world, and the Palace Museum, known as the Forbidden City; the complex of imperial palaces are home to the emperors for over 500 years in the Ming and Qing dynasties. Some of the grand halls have been used as museums for fine collections of Chinese treasures. After lunch you will be driven to visit the Summer Palace, a former summer resort for the royal family, and take a boat ride on its Lake Kunming. Thisevening you will be treated to a delicious Beijing roasted duck dinner. Stay tonight: feature hotels.
Day 4: Beijing - Xi'an (B, L). Your sightseeing this morning is the Temple of Heaven, where the Ming and Qing emperors prayed for good harvest. It is the largest temple complex remaining in China today. After lunch, take a two-hour flight to Xi'an, the great ancient capital and the eastern end of the Silk Road. A city tour of the ancient city wall, one of few well-preserved ones in China. Stay tonight: feature hotels.
Day 5: Xi'an (B, L). This exciting day of sightseeing will include the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses at the Tomb of Qin Shi Huang, the first Qin Emperor, and the Bronze Chariots. After lunch at a local restaurant, visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda which was built in 652 AD. It contains a large volume of Buddhist scriptures which were obtained from India by the eminent monk Xuanzang. Remainder of day is at leisure. Stay tonight: feature hotels.
Day 6: Xian - Shanghai (B, L). This morning, visit the Shaanxi Provincial Museum where you will discover how Xi'an became the cradle of Chinese culture. After lunch at a local restaurant, you will be transferred to the airport for a two-hour flight to Shanghai, a cosmopolitan, bustling and heavily populated city in China. You are free for the remainder of the day. Stay tonight: feature hotels.
Day 7: Shanghai (B, L, D). Your sightseeing this morning features a tour of the Yuyuan Garden, the old area of the city, and a stroll along the lively waterfront, known as the "Bund". After lunch, a visit to the Jade Buddha Temple. An acrobatic show for your evening entertainment after dinner. Stay tonight: feature hotels.
Day 8: Shanghai - Guilin (B, L). This morning, visit Shanghai Museum, one of the largest in China, which houses a collection of 120,000 pieces of cultural relics. After lunch, you fly to Guilin, a city known for its beautiful landscape, the spectacular pointed mountains, the winding rivers and the limestone rock formation. You are at leisure for the rest of the day. Stay tonight: feature hotels.
Day 9: Guilin (B, L). A day to enjoy a downstream cruise on the Lijiang River and be exposed to the indescribable beauty and scenery surrounding it. Lunch is served on board. Disembark at Yangshuo, a small town with many stalls selling traditiional Chinese arts and crafts. Visit local markets before returning by coach to Guilin. Stay tonight: feature hotels.
Day 10: Guilin/Departure (B, L). A city tour this morning includes descending into the most extraordinary scenery underground in the Reed Flute Cave, and climbing up the Fubo Hill for a panoramic view of the city. After lunch, transfer to the airport for departure.
- A non-refundable deposit is required at the time a reservation is confirmed.
- Balance is due 30 days before tour departure.
- If a booking is made within 30 days before tour departure date, full payment must be settled upon confirmation.
- Children under 2 years of age traveling with their parents pay 10% of tour cost.
- Children aged between 2-11 pay 50% of full fare, entitled to an extra bed in parents' room.
- Children 12 years or over pay full fare.
Tour Price Coverage:
- All transportation within China.
- Accommodation at 4-star hotels.
- Daily Western breakfast.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Scheduled sightseeing by air-conditioned coach with guide service.
- Luggage handling and transfers from airport to hotel and vice versa.
-15 days before scheduled date of departure - no cancellation charge.
- Between 8-15 days -5% of tour cost.
- Between 2-7 days -30% of tour cost.
- Within 24 hours -50% of tour cost plus tour expense of the first day.
- If a participant cancels while a tour is in progress, no refunds are made for unused portion of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Guaranteed Departures
- Operates: Every Tue,Sat
- Minimum 2 persons
- Tour price does not include International air tickets, extra air fuel fare, excess baggage and any personal expense.
- All tours are conducted in English.
- Extra charge p.p. in Guangzhou during the China Export Commodities Fair is CNY921 for share twin and CNY1347 for single supp.
- Extra charge p.p. in Shanghai during the F1 (Sep.27 to Oct.2) is CNY712 for share twin and CNY1355 for single supp.
- CNY155/person would be charged for the departure transfer after the scheduled departure date.