Palace and Royal Gardens Tour, One DayPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 44 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 102 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Beijing (Meals: -/L/-). Tian An Men Square / Forbidden City / Temple of Heaven / Lama Temple. Depart from your hotel after breakfast. Visit the Tian An Men Square, the symbolical heart of China and gathering place for the masses. It is the largest public square in the world, which can hold one million people. Having a free walk there, imagining the great historic events of the 20th century took place there. You will also see legendary landmarks including the Great Hall of the People and the towering 125 foot granite obelisk, Monument to the Peoples Heroes, honoring those who died in revolution.
Walking across the Golden River Bridge, enter the Forbidden City, the inner sanctum and palace where for centuries Chinese emperors ruled their world. It has 9000-room maze of courtyards, places, and ceremonial halls, where 24 emperors used to live. Forbidden City was indeed a forbidden place, where commoners were kept out for nearly 500 years in the past. Tour the palace and imagine the mystery, intrigue and incredible power that reigned here.
Then continue to visit the Temple of Heaven, which was built in the 15th century, a sacred site for ancient Beijing, where the emperor and his 1000 member entourage would retreat twice a year for religious ritual. Surrounded by enormous grounds designed in accordance with Fengshui, the Temple complex consists of the Celebrated Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests, a unique wooden and blue-tiled structure built without a nail. It is considered the supreme achievement of traditional Chinese architecture.
After lunch at a local restaurant, visit the Lama Temple, or named Yanghegong, which has a long and varied history. It was originally built in 1694 and originally used as official residence for court eunuchs of the Ming dynasty and was converted to the royal court of Prince Yongzheng(Yin Zhen) a son of Emperor Kang Xi of the Qing Dynasty. Before he ascended the throne, during the 33rd year (1693) of Kangxi reign of the Qing dynasty, it was remained Yonghegong.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Transfers among sightseeing scenic spots & hotels as specified in the itinerary by private car or coach with driver & English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with English speaking guide
- Arrangements for the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Hotels accommodations and breakfast.
- Any meals which are not included in the "Price Includes".
- Domestic flights, trains or buses, international air and train tickets for coming & leaving mainland China.
- Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal expenses: The items of a purely personal nature such as drinks, laundry, tips to guides or drivers, FAX, telephone, excess baggage charges, or sightseeing or meals which are not included in the day to day itinerary.
- Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
- Visa fees.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.