Palace and Royal Gardens Tour - II / One DayPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Archeology/History
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 42 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 106 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Beijing (Meals: -/L/-). Summer Palace / Beijing Zoo / Temple of Heaven / Lama Temple.
Depart from your hotel to visit the Summer Palace. Built in 1888, it was once a summer retreat and the imperial park for emperors. Have a lakeside cruise on the lovely Kunming Lake, enjoy the magical views of the hills, bridges and pagodas that grace the Palace grounds. Then visit Beijing Zoo. Beijing Zoo is located in the northwest area of Beijing city. It is the oldest and largest zoo in the Asia Pacific area and the world-famous home of the giant pandas. Originally it was an imperial manor during the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644). Plants were cultivated and animals were raised here during the Qing Dynasty (1644 - 1911).Now it contains more than 7000 animals, including golden monkeys from Sichuan, yaks from Tibet, sea turtles from the Chinese sea, Manchurian tigers, and snow leopards. The Beijing Zoo is also famous for being the home of zoological research and for housing many rare birds and animals.
After lunch at a local restaurant, visit the Temple of Heaven and the Lama Temple, or named Yanghegong, which has a long and varied history. It was originally built in 1694 and originally used as official residence for court eunuchs of the Ming dynasty and was converted to the royal court of Prince Yongzheng(Yin Zhen) a son of Emperor Kang Xi of the Qing Dynasty. Before he ascended the throne, during the 33rd year (1693) of Kangxi reign of the Qing dynasty, it was remained Yonghegong.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Transfers among sightseeing scenic spots & hotels as specified in the itinerary by private car or coach with driver & English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with English speaking guide
- Arrangements for the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Hotels accommodations and breakfast.
- Any meals which are not included in the "Price Includes".
- Domestic flights, trains or buses, international air and train tickets for coming & leaving mainland China.
- Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal expenses: The items of a purely personal nature such as drinks, laundry, tips to guides or drivers, FAX, telephone, excess baggage charges, or sightseeing or meals which are not included in the day to day itinerary.
- Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
- Visa fees.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.